Why I picked S10e over S10 and S10+. My reasons. let me know what you think.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If they'd put the FPS in a more sensible place I'd have one but as a lefty it's just too awkward.
I'm a lefty also and I have the same concerns. I've seen online where people were able to set up and use the fps with the left hand reasonably well, especially if they set up the middle finger instead of the index finger. I have played with one on the store and I feel that I'll be able to make it work when I get one.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Bought the S10e recently and so far so good. Just love the form factor. I owned a S9, and just hated the curved screen.

I hope Samsung will keep this form factor on their new future release phones. And, I wish people can submit their positive feedback on the S10e so Samsung can continue releasing these NON-CURVED display screens.

I think the S10e is a great choice!

Samsung releases plenty of non curved screens. None of which have the highest specs tho.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'll play.

The size, I'm a bit burnt out on giant phones.

The screen, curves is for ladies, not phone screens.

The fingerprint sensor, I just didn't really trust in-display to be good enough yet.

Finally, and most importantly... IT'S BRIGHT FRIGGIN' YELLOW!!! You can keep your boring black S10. I've also got the yellow galaxy buds, they match the laces in my Doc's and the joy-cons on my switch. Bet you can't guess my favourite colour.

+1 for the yellow laces on Dr Martens 👍

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm a lefty also and I have the same concerns. I've seen online where people were able to set up and use the fps with the left hand reasonably well, especially if they set up the middle finger instead of the index finger. I have played with one on the store and I feel that I'll be able to make it work when I get one.
It is workable, I just found it awkward. If I held the phone normally i.e. how I use and type on it then I could not reach it properly, so I had to either adjust my grip to unlock and re-adjust again to use or unlock with my right hand and change hands. First world problems I know but given how many times a day I unlock my phone it did become old quiet quickly!

The normal S10 really is not that big and I find it the better option at least for me, loving the new silver colour too!

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
It is workable, I just found it awkward. If I held the phone normally i.e. how I use and type on it then I could not reach it properly, so I had to either adjust my grip to unlock and re-adjust again to use or unlock with my right hand and change hands. First world problems I know but given how many times a day I unlock my phone it did become old quiet quickly!

The normal S10 really is not that big and I find it the better option at least for me, loving the new silver colour too!
I definitely don't consider that location ideal. I'm going to get one in the future and see how I like it. I'm interested in the overall size and price of the phone. I've got a note 8 and I'm interested in something a bit smaller and price matters as well.

cache11

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I traded in a Note 8 for the S10e mainly because of size and location of fingerprint scanner. Note 8 feel out of shirt pocket numerous times since it was so tall. I have always really loved the Notes, owning the 4, 5, 7, and 8. The 7 was my favorite by far. But I got tired of the size so opted for the S10e and have no regrets.

Now if Samsung would only make a Note Mini the size of the S10e I would jump all over it!

You got your wish, almost. The Note 10 is almost identical in size to the Pixel 3a, but even thinner and the 3a is just slightly bigger than the S10e. I ordered a Note 10 yesterday, trading in my S10e.
If it had a flat screen it would have been nearly perfect.