My s10e, like most phones, has a nice little power button on the side. This should be the ONLY THING that makes the screen turn on!!! Can we compile a list of all the settings you need to change to make this happen? If this phone wakes up me, my wife, and/or our baby one more time by turning the screen on in the middle of the night, bad things will happen. I suspect it is happening when it starts charging, stops charging (power outage), finishes charging, a text message is received, a notification from an app happens... and sometimes I can't figure out what the heck caused it to turn on. WHY ON EARTH they thought it needs to turn on for any reason other than the user pushing the button to turn it on is beyond me. PLEASE help me and anyone else plagued by this make a list of settings we need to change to stop this annoying behavior!
    06-23-2019 11:16 AM
    Have you tried Do Not Disturb?
    06-23-2019 12:11 PM
    Yes, I have Do Not Disturb set every day from 10pm-7am. Doesn't stop it from turning the screen on. I do NOT have the "Reminders: Allow Reminders from Apps that Support Them" exception to Do Not Disturb set. Nor do I have the "Messages From" exceptions set.
    06-23-2019 12:26 PM
    That may be a "Samsung enhancement". ("Do not disturb - except this and this, which we think should disturb you")
    06-23-2019 02:24 PM
    Not sure if this will help, as my screens don't come on all of those times that you list except for a moment after it is fully charged. Since I charge my phone in the morning, that is not a problem for me. That said, I have Do Not Disturb set, as you do, and I also have the AOD turned on but have it set to only display between 5:00am (I am an early riser!) and 9:00pm, so it is blank and off all night. My screen does not turn on when I get notifications.
    06-23-2019 07:06 PM
    turn the phone face down so you won't see the screen light up
    Rukbat likes this.
    06-24-2019 08:17 PM
    My s10e, like most phones, has a nice little power button on the side. This should be the ONLY THING that makes the screen turn on!!! Can we compile a list of all the settings you need to change to make this happen? If this phone wakes up me, my wife, and/or our baby one more time by turning the screen on in the middle of the night, bad things will happen. I suspect it is happening when it starts charging, stops charging (power outage), finishes charging, a text message is received, a notification from an app happens... and sometimes I can't figure out what the heck caused it to turn on. WHY ON EARTH they thought it needs to turn on for any reason other than the user pushing the button to turn it on is beyond me. PLEASE help me and anyone else plagued by this make a list of settings we need to change to stop this annoying behavior!
    I found it irritating that Samsung messages would wake my screen up. I had to research and get some settings sorted to stop this.
    06-25-2019 07:49 AM
    I can recommend some settings, but first tell me what's waking up the screen, a message? Notification?
    06-25-2019 11:19 PM
    turn the phone face down so you won't see the screen light up
    Yep... pretty simple, really...
    07-02-2019 07:05 AM
    Yep... pretty simple, really...
    Except if you have it on a wireless charging stand or pad
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    07-02-2019 07:27 AM
    Except if you have it on a wireless charging stand or pad
    Always a way around that if it's really that much of a problem. For starters, don't use a wireless charging pad or stand and just plug it in. Wireless charging stands and pads are about convenience, but if the screen turning on wakes everyone in the room up (which is quite strange to me that it would) then I guess they aren't very convenient in that situation, so why keep using them?

Or if they absolutely MUST be used then just cover the phone's screen while on the stand, or turn the phone over and put the pad on top, if using a pad... So many ways to remedy this "issue" ...
    07-02-2019 07:48 AM
    Always a way around that if it's really that much of a problem. For starters, don't use a wireless charging pad or stand and just plug it in. Wireless charging stands and pads are about convenience, but if the screen turning on wakes everyone in the room up (which is quite strange to me that it would) then I guess they aren't very convenient in that situation, so why keep using them?

Or if they absolutely MUST be used then just cover the phone's screen while on the stand, or turn the phone over and put the pad on top, if using a pad... So many ways to remedy this "issue" ...
    All good suggestions but not everyone wants to do that. It's not an issue for me, but I can see where people might want to be able to do it through settings
    07-02-2019 08:05 AM