I use Spotify most of the day while at my desk and am wondering if it's possible to keep the on screen display music controls active all the time. I know this will effect battery life, but as I'll have a charger with me it doesn't matter. I use headphones but when someone wants to talk to me it would be useful to mute/pause music quickly, without having to wake the screen first.
    07-05-2019 05:29 AM
    Only way I can think of is to activate the option in Developer Mode to keep the screen awake during charging. But you would have to worry about screen burn-in if you're planning on having a static background on all the time.
    07-05-2019 01:26 PM
    Only way I can think of is to activate the option in Developer Mode to keep the screen awake during charging. But you would have to worry about screen burn-in if you're planning on having a static background on all the time.
    I hadn't thought about burn-in, it's a good point and a reason to change tack. I'll just do the easiest thing and take the headphones off.
    07-06-2019 02:14 AM
    I use Spotify most of the day while at my desk and am wondering if it's possible to keep the on screen display music controls active all the time. I know this will effect battery life, but as I'll have a charger with me it doesn't matter. I use headphones but when someone wants to talk to me it would be useful to mute/pause music quickly, without having to wake the screen first.
    You should be able to put a music widget on your lockscreen to address your issue. Touch a blank area of your homescreen until you see the pop-up for widgets. Drag and drop your players widget. Good luck
    07-06-2019 07:13 AM
    You can also just use headphones with inline controls and just pause the music with a touch of a button. I haven't heard of any decent BT headphones without controls, so those should work too. If you enable AOD and double-tap the song information, you will be taken immediately to a control widget. Takes a few more taps than what you want, but it's a quick way to do it too.
    07-06-2019 12:40 PM