Hey Guys!

Just wanted to share my battery info with you guys I've been getting around 3 to 3 and a half hours Screen on Time (in usually a 9 to 11 hour day) and I remembered reading a while back that after a few software updates you should factory reset your device to get rid of all the old files that aren't needed anymore or something like that.

I have a Galaxy S10e (lower end 128gb version)

now I could only imagine I could've hit 5 hours SoT if I didn't record my trip to Universals Studios in 4k for a long time... like a lot of 4k footage and pictures.

Highly recommend Factory Resetting your device if your battery life isn't as good as it used to be. Especially if you use Samsung pass that holds all your passwords and if you sync data with the Samsung cloud it's so easy to get your phone back to what it was before the reset
    09-07-2019 01:36 PM
    Clearing the system cache (in recovery) does the same thing. Having apps in storage doesn't consume battery. And clearing system cache doesn't wipe all your installed apps and all your data, the way a factory reset does.
    09-07-2019 02:35 PM
    Clearing the system cache (in recovery) does the same thing. Having apps in storage doesn't consume battery. And clearing system cache doesn't wipe all your installed apps and all your data, the way a factory reset does.
    I've cleared the cache on my s10e a few times (usually after updates) and seen little to no difference. Even did it on my S8 a lot and again little to no difference.

Maybe it's the apps I was using/had installed on my phone? not sure but I definitely see a huge improvement in battery since I reset my phone and I got it back to the way I like (minus all the apps and launchers I had installed for no reason without using them)
    09-07-2019 02:38 PM