I disabled the face recognition, it works so good that I'd be glancing at the phone for the time or something and it would turn on, if my hand was on the screen I'd dial a number, press app buttons, or press stuff that I'd have to get out of to turn off the phone. I love the idea but just became a hassle.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-08-2019 08:26 PM
    Never used it actually. The fingerprint sensor is annoying at times but the alternative didn't appeal to me.
    10-08-2019 10:09 PM
    Never turned it on in the first place.

Face unlock on the S10 series isn't very secure, and even on devices where it's more secure, I prefer an active unlock method rather than a passive one.
    10-09-2019 04:49 AM
    Fom me I have never felt the need for security unlock. I simply have none activated on mine. Played with fingerprint for a short time just for testing.
    10-09-2019 12:43 PM
    Fom me I have never felt the need for security unlock. I simply have none activated on mine. Played with fingerprint for a short time just for testing.
    You're a muggers dream!
    10-09-2019 01:48 PM
    obviously you never met me.....lol
    10-09-2019 04:12 PM
    I use face unlock as much as possible.
    Eczema trashes my fingerprints and they can be hard to read, only my index finger works regularly.
    10-10-2019 11:34 PM
    I don't have the phone, but I'm assuming you had to somehow register your face so it knows what to look for. Check your security settings and you should find an option to delete your face (now that sounds weird out of context), which would prevent it from turning the screen on by facial recognition.
    10-11-2019 09:07 AM
    anyone rethinking face recognition with the beta update? never used before but I'm considering as it is now a bit more secure. and you can read the content of notifications that are typically hidden after unlocking with the face. which you can't do with the fingerprint and is rather handy.
    Yesterday 05:48 PM
    That's good to know that it works that well, though!
    Yesterday 06:57 PM
    anyone rethinking face recognition with the beta update? never used before but I'm considering as it is now a bit more secure. and you can read the content of notifications that are typically hidden after unlocking with the face. which you can't do with the fingerprint and is rather handy.
    It still uses the camera, which means it still isn't secure.

A cardboard envelope is "more secure" than a paper one... It still only takes 0.75 seconds to tear it open though.
    Today 02:22 AM