Who turned off their face recognition?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I disabled the face recognition, it works so good that I'd be glancing at the phone for the time or something and it would turn on, if my hand was on the screen I'd dial a number, press app buttons, or press stuff that I'd have to get out of to turn off the phone. I love the idea but just became a hassle.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Never used it actually. The fingerprint sensor is annoying at times but the alternative didn't appeal to me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Never turned it on in the first place.

Face unlock on the S10 series isn't very secure, and even on devices where it's more secure, I prefer an active unlock method rather than a passive one.

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Fom me I have never felt the need for security unlock. I simply have none activated on mine. Played with fingerprint for a short time just for testing.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I use face unlock as much as possible.
Eczema trashes my fingerprints and they can be hard to read, only my index finger works regularly.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the phone, but I'm assuming you had to somehow register your face so it knows what to look for. Check your security settings and you should find an option to delete your face (now that sounds weird out of context), which would prevent it from turning the screen on by facial recognition.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
anyone rethinking face recognition with the beta update? never used before but I'm considering as it is now a bit more secure. and you can read the content of notifications that are typically hidden after unlocking with the face. which you can't do with the fingerprint and is rather handy.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
anyone rethinking face recognition with the beta update? never used before but I'm considering as it is now a bit more secure. and you can read the content of notifications that are typically hidden after unlocking with the face. which you can't do with the fingerprint and is rather handy.

It still uses the camera, which means it still isn't secure.

A cardboard envelope is "more secure" than a paper one... It still only takes 0.75 seconds to tear it open though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1