This is really funny. I'm glad I can use my pin number if I want to get into the phone when I'm charging it with the case off to prevent heat buildup which is bad for the battery.

Obviously, since I registered my thumbprint with the case on it much look different when the case is off. Another observation. It's hard to feel the power button with the case off, whereas my Speck case has a perfect slope on top and bottom around the power button so it picks up my thumbprint instantaneously. I love the way that read works!
    10-11-2019 07:07 PM
    I assume you have a case with a protective front glass?
    10-11-2019 07:24 PM
    I assume you have a case with a protective front glass?
    This is the S10e forum, we have REAL fingerprint scanners around these parts!
    Inders99 likes this.
    10-11-2019 07:57 PM
    I had Best Buy put on a glass screen protector. It's a good thing I let them do it because it took three pieces of glass before they got it right. I haven't been lucky putting those things on myself - I always get bubbles or dirt behind them. The glass is not part of the Speck case. I really love the case. Very grippable and protective and I love the way it cradles the power button and guides my thumb into the correct position to be read.

Here's a photo of the thumb indent.

Note that there is lots of dust around the edge of the glass screen protector which has to be narrower than the top because of regardless what Samsung says about the screen being flat - IT ISN'T. There is a slight curve around the edge, and now that I look at it more carefully, the protector is shorter on both top and bottom! .Thumbprint not recognized with case off!-pa110054-thumb-space.jpg Thumbprint not recognized with case off!-pa110055-best-buy-screen.jpg

I no longer have the box from the screen, so I can't tell you what brand it was. I'm just glad it's on with no bubbles or dirt under it!
    10-11-2019 07:58 PM
    I'm rocking a Spigen Liquid Air Armor case. Basically a light weight silicon case, without a screen protector. Haven't had any scratches.....yet. But I rarely use screen protectors. I always use these type cases and haven't had any damages phones yet.
    10-12-2019 12:32 AM
    Have you tried adding a fingerprint with the case off?
    10-12-2019 04:33 PM
    No, I haven't. Really no need to. It's all right to use the pin number.

I hate using the phone without the case. It's so slippery.
    10-12-2019 05:04 PM
    Update: I guess I just had to learn how to place my thumb when the case wasn't on.

What I have found is that the thumbprint recognition is poor if my thumb is moist from having just washed my hands. That must swell the whirls on the finger and that's why it isnt recognized.
    11-04-2019 09:34 AM