Superwide isn't always the answer

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
In this picture you see the result from both the superwide lens AND hdr, which in Photo mode, the camera often chooses. Because of the HDR the colors are washed out - I can adjust them in Photoshop, but not everyone has an editing program that will fix their images. The Snapseed app for your phone or tablet is magic for fixing pictures.
superwide ooc.jpg You can minimize the leaning walls and distortion at the sides if you hold them camera down low below your belly and make it parallel to your body - just watch the walls before you tap to capture.

The Snapseed app for your phone or tablet is magic for fixing pictures. "Simplytee" on YouTube has some wonderful instructional videos for using Snapseed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE_FQ5CGYow

Sometimes, a normal perspective and even square can photograph things very attractively: (The "before" picture is rotated because of the way I held the camera - in portrait mode - I have to remember to hold it in landscape mode if I don't want my pictures rotated when I upload them!)

4 x 3 normal lens.jpg

Watch for the washed-out look from HDR images - you may want to use exposure compensation moving the lightbulb slider to the left before you shoot. You won't automatically see that slider - you have to long press on an area you want to focus on, and expose correctly for that slider to appear. Here's the "Before" image straight out of the camera. The following picture was adjusted afterwards to darken it and improve the contrast:

front.jpg
And here's the fixed image:
front with curves adj.jpg

It's taken me a couple of weeks to become comfortable with the camera and expect it will take another couple of weeks to become competent in Pro mode which I suspect will not sharpen images as much.

Attachments

• 1 x 1.jpg
    1 x 1.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 12

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2