Google apps or Samsung

trailrunner4L

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
It's been a while since I used Android so I'm wondering about using Samsung Mail, contacts and calendar vs the Google version. This device is primarily for work and we are using G-Suite for our company email, calendar, etc.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I honestly prefer Google apps because I don't have to worry about changing device OEMs and can view anything on desktop.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
for email I prefer Samsung because it has the ability to choose sync options. I have mine set to sync once a day, it happens around 2am. I also prefer Samsung messages because it has RCS, scheduled messages and themes with Samsung. functionality wise email and messages work about the same been the two companies, looks can be a deciding factor. Samsung is sterile and Google very bubbly. I do prefer Gboard over Samsung because it allows both swipe and cursor scroll at the same time, but I think the Samsung keyboard feels better.

trailrunner4L

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
This is my work email so once a day won't cut it. I need emails as they arrive.
for email I prefer Samsung because it has the ability to choose sync options. I have mine set to sync once a day, it happens around 2am. I also prefer Samsung messages because it has RCS, scheduled messages and themes with Samsung. functionality wise email and messages work about the same been the two companies, looks can be a deciding factor. Samsung is sterile and Google very bubbly. I do prefer Gboard over Samsung because it allows both swipe and cursor scroll at the same time, but I think the Samsung keyboard feels better.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I prefer Samsung's calendar over Google's because you get a monthly view. Google just blocks events together and I'm not a fan.
As for email, since I'm a Microsoft gal, of course I use Outlook for that and Nine (by 9 folders; paid app) for contacts and calendar modifications.

trailrunner4L

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
When we were on an exchange server at work I was all about that Outlook app. Now that we're on GSuite I've had to rethink my choices.
I prefer Samsung's calendar over Google's because you get a monthly view. Google just blocks events together and I'm not a fan.
As for email, since I'm a Microsoft gal, of course I use Outlook for that and Nine (by 9 folders; paid app) for contacts and calendar modifications.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Google does have a month view. You can change it in the sidebar menu. It will stick until you change it again or sometimes an app update will too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2