It's been a while since I used Android so I'm wondering about using Samsung Mail, contacts and calendar vs the Google version. This device is primarily for work and we are using G-Suite for our company email, calendar, etc.
    10-19-2019 11:16 AM
    I honestly prefer Google apps because I don't have to worry about changing device OEMs and can view anything on desktop.
    10-19-2019 11:35 AM
    I'm leaning towards using all Google too. Samsung's apps aren't horrible but they're not Google level either.
    I honestly prefer Google apps because I don't have to worry about changing device OEMs and can view anything on desktop.
    10-19-2019 01:08 PM
    for email I prefer Samsung because it has the ability to choose sync options. I have mine set to sync once a day, it happens around 2am. I also prefer Samsung messages because it has RCS, scheduled messages and themes with Samsung. functionality wise email and messages work about the same been the two companies, looks can be a deciding factor. Samsung is sterile and Google very bubbly. I do prefer Gboard over Samsung because it allows both swipe and cursor scroll at the same time, but I think the Samsung keyboard feels better.
    10-19-2019 02:10 PM
    This is my work email so once a day won't cut it. I need emails as they arrive.
    for email I prefer Samsung because it has the ability to choose sync options. I have mine set to sync once a day, it happens around 2am. I also prefer Samsung messages because it has RCS, scheduled messages and themes with Samsung. functionality wise email and messages work about the same been the two companies, looks can be a deciding factor. Samsung is sterile and Google very bubbly. I do prefer Gboard over Samsung because it allows both swipe and cursor scroll at the same time, but I think the Samsung keyboard feels better.
    10-19-2019 03:09 PM
    I prefer Samsung's calendar over Google's because you get a monthly view. Google just blocks events together and I'm not a fan.
    As for email, since I'm a Microsoft gal, of course I use Outlook for that and Nine (by 9 folders; paid app) for contacts and calendar modifications.
    10-19-2019 03:41 PM
    When we were on an exchange server at work I was all about that Outlook app. Now that we're on GSuite I've had to rethink my choices.
    I prefer Samsung's calendar over Google's because you get a monthly view. Google just blocks events together and I'm not a fan.
    As for email, since I'm a Microsoft gal, of course I use Outlook for that and Nine (by 9 folders; paid app) for contacts and calendar modifications.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-19-2019 04:13 PM
    Google does have a month view. You can change it in the sidebar menu. It will stick until you change it again or sometimes an app update will too.
    Laura Knotek and raqball like this.
    10-19-2019 07:12 PM
    Google does have a month view. You can change it in the sidebar menu. It will stick until you change it again or sometimes an app update will too.
    That's good to know, thank you. I'll stick with Samsung but I'm glad that's an option.
    10-20-2019 12:32 AM
    When we were on an exchange server at work I was all about that Outlook app. Now that we're on GSuite I've had to rethink my choices.
    In that case, it's probably best to ignore the outlook app.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-20-2019 12:33 AM
    That's good to know, thank you. I'll stick with Samsung but I'm glad that's an option.
    No sweat. I wasn't trying to convert you to use Google calendar; merely pointing out that a month view can be done.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-20-2019 09:14 AM
    I use the Google apps..
    10-22-2019 05:17 PM