Recently my reader hasn't been recognizing my thumbprint so I deleted it and reread it into the phone (Settings/Biometrics and Security). It's working fine now.

I suspect that part of the reason is I take the cover off when I recharge and each time it gets returned it might fit a little differently, changing the way my finger sits on the button.

Doesn't take long at all to redo the reading and if I'm having a problem - usually when my finger isn't totally dry after washing my hands, I can use the pin number.

Loving this phone.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-12-2019 10:11 AM
    The Pixel reader has sort of the same problem - aside from wet, if your fingers are a bit shriveled from being out in the cold, it doesn't work either. (I drove Google nuts - including 4 replacement phones that also didn't work - until I figured it out and just redid them all.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-2019 05:19 PM
    Wife noticed that fingerprint sensor hasn't been working well over the past few days. We attributed the problem to the November update. So, we re-did the fingerprint signature process for her and me. Seems to be working better now.
    11-15-2019 07:44 AM