Maybe this is a silly question, but how can I hide my phone number from being displayed but only keeping my name displayed when making outgoing calls? Of course, the contacts I have which is my close friends and family, Its always set to Show my number.

But for strangers who are not on my contacts list or when I make outgoing calls to people or services who I dont know or trust, is there a way to just hide my number but keeping my name (first name only) as my caller ID?

However, I did some research, by dialing #31# and then the number, it actually will hide the full caller ID details and would result as a Unknown Number to the other end of the call.
    11-19-2019 12:49 PM
    Maybe this is a silly question, but how can I hide my phone number from being displayed but only keeping my name displayed when making outgoing calls? Of course, the contacts I have which is my close friends and family, Its always set to Show my number.

But for strangers who are not on my contacts list or when I make outgoing calls to people or services who I dont know or trust, is there a way to just hide my number but keeping my name (first name) only as my caller ID?

However, I did some research, by dialing #31# and then the number, it actually will hide the full caller ID details and would result as a Unknown Number to the other end of the call.
    Should be a setting in dialer app , have you checked there?
    11-19-2019 12:50 PM
    Yes, the caller ID option and I checked from this web page as well. Here, this even tells you that you can hide your caller id for each call if you dial #31# before the full number. If all other options dont work, then I may use the #31# option instead.
    https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/s...id.html#step=6
    11-19-2019 12:54 PM
    Yes, the caller ID option and I checked from this web page as well. Here, this even tells you that you can hide your caller id for each call if you dial #31# before the full number. If all other options dont work, then I may use the #31# option instead.
    https://videotron.tmtx.ca/en/topic/s...id.html#step=6
    Yeah those only options I know of
    11-19-2019 12:59 PM
    Using *67 will block your caller ID details for that particular phone call.
    Also, if you have set your ph to always block outgoing caller id details, you can use *82 to show your caller id details for that particular call.
    That said, I don't know whether these block/unblock caller id codes are unique to USA vs universal and may also be carrier-dependent.
    11-20-2019 06:53 AM