Will you upgrade to the S11e?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Now that it has been announced, my answer is a firm no. I prefer the size of this phone greatly.
Good choice.

The S10e proved that you can have all the flagship features in a compact package that fits nicely in the hand.

Instead of making a follow-up to it, they introduce three sizes, of which the middle one makes zero sense.

danfrancisco

Trusted Member
Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
I just got an S10e which I started using yeaterday, trying a compact slab after years on a KEYone/KEY2/LE and I like everything about this phone except for the battery life...which happens to be the most important feature to me.

If there is an S11e and it's basically an S10e with a bigger battery, that's enough for me to be sold on it.

I'm finding the battery on my S10e to be dramatically improved now that I'm four weeks into using it as my daily driver. Samsung's definitely got some cool wizardry going on under the hood as I now find the battery performance just as reliable as my KEY2.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm finding the battery on my S10e to be dramatically improved now that I'm four weeks into using it as my daily driver. Samsung's definitely got some cool wizardry going on under the hood as I now find the battery performance just as reliable as my KEY2.
Yup, same here, can easily get 6 hours of screen-on time out of it, it's better than when I just pulled it out of the box.

Accubattery estimates the true capacity to be 2950mAh (instead of 3100mAh) which is like 95% of original but I'm not sure how accurate that app is, I mean the phone has been used for about a month, mostly as a second device for PUBG lol because I can't bring myself to swap my Sim card out of my KEY2 LE

danfrancisco

Trusted Member
Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
Yup, same here, can easily get 6 hours of screen-on time out of it, it's better than when I just pulled it out of the box.

I'm hoping the Note 10 (not 10+) battery life ends up improving in the same manner as well. I've heard that the 10's battery life is not that great compared to the 10+ (which makes sense giving the 1,000 mAh difference) but I was hoping that battery size relative to screen size would net the two devices out to have similar juice life. I'm really jonesing to grab a Note 10 but iffy day-long longevity is the only thing holding me back.

Any Note 10 (not 10+) owners here who can report on how the battery life has improved over time? I guess that should be a separate thread!

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I'm hoping the Note 10 (not 10+) battery life ends up improving in the same manner as well. I've heard that the 10's battery life is not that great compared to the 10+ (which makes sense giving the 1,000 mAh difference) but I was hoping that battery size relative to screen size would net the two devices out to have similar juice life. I'm really jonesing to grab a Note 10 but iffy day-long longevity is the only thing holding me back.

Any Note 10 (not 10+) owners here who can report on how the battery life has improved over time? I guess that should be a separate thread!
Eh, I think the increase in battery size between the 10 and 10+ is more than the increase in display size, which means the + will have an advantage.

Still though, with the current optimizations, I don't see why it couldn't get 6 hours of screen-on time either.

I always leave mine on "medium power saving mode" which I don't even notice is activated anymore because there is no ugly red status bar like on the KEY phones.

That, and disabling as many unnecessary Samsung apps as possible, lowering the display resolution to full HD etc

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

My wife has a 10 and I have a 10+. My battery life is outstanding, but my wife's Note 10 is no slouch. She gets great battery life. I think you will be happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks