So I just got a brand new S10e which I switched my sim into from my KEY2/LE just to try it out for fun for a few weeks.

Not a fan of typing on glass, and not a fan of Samsung's UI (compared to BB Android/Oxygen OS) but the compact form factor and OLED display had my attention for months.

One thing's for sure: the battery is a downgrade from even my KEY2 LE which has a very similar sized battery.

Aside from this downgrade, I really don't see any cons with this device.

I ordered a Mophie case for it because I have battery anxiety but I wanted to know from those who have use this device daily and get a consistent 5.5 - 6 hours SOT...

Do any of you have any secret tips or tricks aside from the usual stuff which I already did (lowering brightness, disabling AOD, dark mode, disabling unused bloat stuff, etc etc)
    01-16-2020 12:50 PM
    not a fan of Samsung's UI (compared to BB Android/Oxygen OS)
    This might be more comfortable. Or you could install Nova Launcher and read this.

I ordered a Mophie case for it because I have battery anxiety but I wanted to know from those who have use this device daily and get a consistent 5.5 - 6 hours SOT...
    SOT isn't a valid way to compare. A white screen won't last as long as a black one (because AMOLED screens use power to light pixels, but black is "all pixels off" so it takes less power).

Do any of you have any secret tips or tricks aside from the usual stuff which I already did (lowering brightness, disabling AOD, dark mode, disabling unused bloat stuff, etc etc)
    Use the back button, not the home button, when you're done using an app. Home just runs the launcher (the UI) - it doesn't stop the app from running. And try to charge when it drops down to 50%. When it drops down to 45% won't hurt too much. If it drops to 40%, charge it or turn it off! Then you should be able to get 3-4 years of use out of the battery. (Getting as much use as you can between charges and getting the battery to last longer are like opposite ends of a see-saw - only one end can be up at once.)
    01-16-2020 04:34 PM