s10 random 3 note chime couple times a day, no notifications showing, nfc off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I get a LOUD bong bing bong chime a couple times a day.

notification reminders off, nfc off no spen (from searching on similar subjects)

Tried searching for audio files in a couple file managers, but its clear it isnt showing all audio files as no ringtones show up there.

To whatever developer thought it was a good idea to make random noises
with no way to identify what the random noise means, you are an i___t (fill in the blanks!

To the rest of the gentle readers, any hint appreciated.

I assume one of my apps does this, but deleting all my apps and starting over seems futile. Considering the thing only happens one or twice a day, not realistic way of testing if I have the right app.

If you have the same issue please respond. Perhaps we can cross check our apps or settings.

I occasionally get alerts from weather or law enforcement warnings from my state, but those don't seem correlated to the chimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janicelehman

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
I recently got an s10e and once a day at a random time, I also hear a loud 3 note chime that sounds like the NBC chimes but I don't see any corresponding alert. I have checked all apps and turned off notifications and I have cleared out my cache partition. Bixby is off. I am stumped and very annoyed because it is very loud. Any other ideas I could try?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I recently got an s10e and once a day at a random time, I also hear a loud 3 note chime that sounds like the NBC chimes but I don't see any corresponding alert. I have checked all apps and turned off notifications and I have cleared out my cache partition. Bixby is off. I am stumped and very annoyed because it is very loud. Any other ideas I could try?

Hi, welcome to AC!

Have you tried safe mode if it goes away?

Janicelehman

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
Could you please explain a little more about how safe mode would help me troubleshoot? If I'm reading it right, safe mode would allow me to use the phone but without third party apps running. Since this tone is random and at most once a day, are you saying I should start in safe mode and then not use any third party apps for a day or two to see if I don't hear the tone? If I don't hear it, then I add my apps back little by little til I find the offender? But if I still hear it, what does that mean and how do I solve it? Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Could you please explain a little more about how safe mode would help me troubleshoot? If I'm reading it right, safe mode would allow me to use the phone but without third party apps running. Since this tone is random and at most once a day, are you saying I should start in safe mode and then not use any third party apps for a day or two to see if I don't hear the tone? If I don't hear it, then I add my apps back little by little til I find the offender? But if I still hear it, what does that mean and how do I solve it? Thanks.
Hi, yes can try it for a day or two , if it's still happening in safe mode then we have to see what else could it be but most likely a 3rd party app , let us know!

Janicelehman

Jan 23, 2021
Visit site
I turned on safe mode this morning and haven't heard the tones yet today. If I don't hear it tomorrow, then I'll say it must be an app. If i turn on Developers Options, and then look at the Running Processes as soon as I hear the tone again, is it safe to say it is one of the apps I see that are running processes? Do I also need to look at cached processes? Thank you!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I turned on safe mode this morning and haven't heard the tones yet today. If I don't hear it tomorrow, then I'll say it must be an app. If i turn on Developers Options, and then look at the Running Processes as soon as I hear the tone again, is it safe to say it is one of the apps I see that are running processes? Do I also need to look at cached processes? Thank you!
Can also download Nice Catch in samsung galaxy store

Edit: it can help Trace the notification

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Good post, same for me couple of times a day I hear it, have not looked for it so maybe sombody will fine it, even does it when DND is on.

Huntermv

May 17, 2021
Visit site
I have a galaxy s9+ that started making these random notifications in the past 3 days, had this issue been resolved? It's driving me crazy and the latest woke me from sleep

Huntermv

May 17, 2021
Visit site
Yes and nothing is working. The only thing that i noticed is that it goes off at 4:50 am. Every post I've read keeps mentioning turning off various notifications and I have all notification sounds off we seem system. This is a new issue since working with tech support to clear cache

All notifications off, even system

I could not find Nice Catch on Google Play so I installed Catch Notify instead, it's useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huntermv

May 17, 2021
Visit site
Safe mode was suggested as part of the earlier thread, that did not work. The notification is so random, I went all day yesterday with no issue then at 4:50 this am, it alerted and I have not heard it since. Did anyone post a solution after the moderator moved the thread to s10? I saw toastt source but something in the description made me think it would not help

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Safe mode was suggested as part of the earlier thread, that did not work. The notification is so random, I went all day yesterday with no issue then at 4:50 this am, it alerted and I have not heard it since. Did anyone post a solution after the moderator moved the thread to s10? I saw toastt source but something in the description made me think it would not help
Try toast source

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma