I have a Galaxy S2 (SCH R760) that has so many issues - fortunately I get to upgrade in a month. However, I'd like to resolve this latest issue so I can have a functional phone while I'm out and about.

-the power button no longer works
    -the charging port no longer charges
    -the internal memory is sending an error saying "internal memory is full"

-When I insert my battery (the only way to turn my phone on now since the power button doesn't work), the screen flashes awake and begins the power-on process. However, it won't cycle past the "Samsung" screen and keeps going between that and the galaxy screen. I can't get it to boot up all the way!

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-29-2014 04:36 PM
    Sounds like your hardware is broken and worn out, and the software has accumulated a lot of junk as well. If it'll boot up you can try a factory reset, but I would not invest in repairing a phone this old (in both years and technology).

I don't know your carrier, but the upgrade rules have changed now that they don't subsidize phones anymore. You can probably get a new phone now. T Mobile will give you credit to cover your contract cancellation, AT&T will let you upgrade now by switching to AT&T Next. Now sure what Verizon does but they have to compete. Or you can buy an unlocked phone.
    11-29-2014 04:43 PM