Hi all, I am fairly new to this community. Android is not my strong suit to be honest, I am more of a blackberry guy. I do have a nexus 7 2013 though. I am however tech support for my family and friends. I have a gs2 that belongs to a co worker that he sent through the washing machine. It's not good as you likely expect. I have taken the device apart and dried it and cleaned the boards in denatured alcohol to get out the water and slight corrosion. I can now get the phone to boot up now but the digitizer/screen is damaged. The screen turns on normally but with a green line that runs through the centre of it (i can see the boot up images and the home screen/lock screen just fine). The digitizer will not respond. To any touch input at all. The 4 "buttons" across the bottom will respond to touch though. The phone has a lock screen swipe style password so I can't get past that. What I am hoping to do is get the phone backed up somehow. What is the best way to get this done? I have no idea what version of android is on the device or what apps he has installed. Basically if I could get the contacts and any pictures he has on there backed up so we can transfer them to a new device that would be awesome. What is my best bet in this situation? I apologize if this has been covered a million times before. I appreciate any help greatly. Thanks!
    01-17-2015 08:54 AM
    Well I managed to get the phone backed up. I used kies to do the backup but I had to download the phone drivers separately as the ones included with kies didn't recognize the phone. The only thing that really saved my bacon was that the phone supported USB otg. The phone was locked and kies wouldn't let me do the backup until I unlocked it. I was able to use a wireless mouse via a USB otg cable and unlock and navigate the device. I likely would have been out of luck without that capability. I know this is an old device but maybe this will help someone down the road. Cheers!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    01-18-2015 06:20 AM
    Thanks for posting the follow up. I just saw this thread now, and I am sorry no one came in to help. The forums, as busy as they can get, a thread can easily get lost in all the shuffling around.
    02-23-2015 11:05 PM