Why is my back camera hanging?

JCNouel

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Back Camera Hangs / Force Close

Back camera hangs most of the time; it works sometimes but most of the time it freezes and FC itself saying "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." Front camera always works fine.

The back camera wont FC itself all the time, sometimes it just stays black (with all the buttons and interface working), and sometimes it stays with a freezed image of what the camera sees (also with the interface ok).

I've tried full wipes, I've flashed different roms, with different kernels; cleaned the camera's cache and data; tried the "Restart Camera" solution/workaround; I've even tried to "tap the camera hard" as some people has suggested.

What I haven't done is flashing stock rom, since I consider it won't be of any help (But if you advise me to, I'll do it). And I haven't tried Roms that are not 4.4.4

I'm currently using AICP Rom (4.4.4)
Sorry for any typo.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Back Camera Hangs / Force Close

Reflash the stock ROM and see if it happens. If it does, it's probably the back camera, and it has to be replaced. If not, the ROM has a bug.

JCNouel

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Back Camera Hangs / Force Close

Hey, thanks for replying.

It fixed it, but then I flashed back the AICP ROM, which is KK, and it malfunctioned again. I'm going to try with a JB Custom ROM.

Update: I flashed a JB Custom Rom (Fusion Rom) and it's working good so far.

Last edited: