This S ll is a real nightmare

Ahmed Monged

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
My mom have had this s ll since 2012. She has been treating it gently without any intensive workout wih a case on it all the time, however it lags a lot, crashes more and turna off just by putting it in pocket. It only fall twice with a leather case around it so it didnt have any hardware damage. Do you guys know a fix for this? She wants to stick with it till dies as it was a gift from her close brother and it is precious to her. It has never been updatea, it is with 4.0.1 android. And it iant rooted. I didnt update it for her because i didnt it to be swamped with updates that would make uaing it unbearable. Though, I am considering rooting it and installing CM on it since I heard a lot of feedbacks about it. What do you guys think?

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
If this were my Mom I would explain that even if the device OS were upgraded, that it would not run well because the new OSs can't run well on such old hardware. I would tell her she could keep the device as a loved memory, as do many of us. But she is better served with a new one. I would explain all the features of the new devices and how well apps like FB and Instagran work on them.
Then I would take to the store and look around.
Then I would stand by her decision.

Ahmed Monged

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
If this were my Mom I would explain that even if the device OS were upgraded, that it would not run well because the new OSs can't run well on such old hardware. I would tell her she could keep the device as a loved memory, as do many of us. But she is better served with a new one. I would explain all the features of the new devices and how well apps like FB and Instagran work on them.
Then I would take to the store and look around.
Then I would stand by her decision.

I did suggest her buying a new one since I am updating to either Note 3/4 myself, yet she refused. Do you know anything that may make the lags/crashes less frequent? I did cleaned cache btw. It did nothing.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you know anything that may make the lags/crashes less frequent?
Getting rid of any app or update to an app written after she got the phone. That's why qbnkelt said what she did. It's a 4 year old phone (regardless of when your mother got it, it was released 47 months ago) and any apps written since about 2013 need more phone than it is. The S4 was out by then, and that's what people were writing apps for - 2GB of RAM, not 1GB, and quad-core CPUs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty