I have a Galaxy s2. I recently just got a replacement for the last one I had because the charging port was broken. Plus it was used so it already wasnt in its best condition. I think the other owner had it for a while because I only had the phone for about 8 months and I highly doubt that I did anything for it to break. Any way, Im having the same problem with my replacement. I got this replacement 5 months ago, worked good so far. Some little things here in there. Well recently about 2 days ago, my phone was charging and my did a VERY small drop onto my desk top. It wasnt hard at all and then it stopped charging for a second as if I took my charger out but I didnt. Its not my charger because I have tried everyone elses charger in my house and it does the same thing. What happenes is, if my charger were to move a little or just jerk it would stop charging for a second, then start again. Now even if im not touching my phone the charging goes on and off for a 2 seconds then stops. Is there anything that I can do?
    05-27-2015 06:29 PM
    if my charger were to move a little or just jerk it would stop charging for a second, then start again.
    That's about as definite an analysis as telling a doctor that a piece of bone is sticking out of the skin on your arm. And as easy to diagnose.

One of the pins on the charging port, where it's soldered to the printed circuit board, came loose. The whole assembly (port, board and cable) is a few bucks, but you're going to have to pay a shop to take the phone apart, replace the board (it just drops in and plugs in) and put the phone back together. (I don't recommend that you try doing it yourself - you'd probably end up breaking something else, trying to fix that and breaking something else, etc. It's cheaper to pay a shop.)

(BTW, the old one could have been fixed the same way - replacing the charging port assembly.)
    05-27-2015 07:16 PM