Hi - I have been doing battle with the Ghost Push trojan on a Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 for the last week or so. I have now rooted it, installed the CM Security stubborn trojan killer and managed to run it. Initially it identified 5 trojans, which after multiple attempts and a lot of waiting is now reduced to 1: Ghost Push.

The thing is, I run the trojan killer and it says it has been successful and removed the trojan but when I scan again it is still there. I have run it about 5 or 6 times.

Any ideas? Are there multiple copies and it will eventually remove them all...or is the trojan killer just not working?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    03-09-2016 03:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried a factory reset as well? If it keeps coming back after a factory reset, then it's likely been installed to the system root, which can be hard to get rid of. You may have to reinstall the firmware using Kies or Odin.
    03-09-2016 03:43 PM
    Thanks!

Yeah, I tried factory resets a few times before I discovered the culprit was the GP trojan. Resets didn't touch it

The CM stubborn trojan killer is supposed to get rid of it but you need to root your phone and grant the killer SU for it to work...I did this but the app doesn't seem to remove the trojan, despite saying the removal has been successful.

Would reinstalling the firmware remove absolutely everything on the phone and be sure to work? I don't really have a clue how to do that so any guidance would be great!
    03-09-2016 04:01 PM
    I'm not certain that reinstalling the firmware will work, but it's worth a try. First, try using Samsung Kies: Samsung Kies, Free Download Kies 3, Latest PC Suite, Mobile Software, Window 7 PC. Download the one that says Kies, not Kies3.

If that doesn't work, then follow the steps here for Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html
    03-10-2016 07:35 PM
    How can I remove the Ghost Push Trojan? in My MicroMax Nitro 2 A311 ..StubBorn Trojan Killer App Say Root Ur Device But I dont wanna root my phone,

please tell me any solution for this please help me!!
    04-18-2016 01:33 AM
    How can I remove the Ghost Push Trojan? in My MicroMax Nitro 2 A311 ..StubBorn Trojan Killer App Say Root Ur Device But I dont wanna root my phone,

please tell me any solution for this please help me!!
    04-18-2016 01:34 AM