My SGH-I727 refused to enter download mode after directed to press volume up botton.

A

AC Question

i was trying to resolve firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again on my SGH-I727 but instead of entering into download mode after directing me to press volume up to enter me download mode. instead, it brings out the same error message firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Pls, what can i do to solve this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to enter Recovery Mode or Download Mode? They're two different things.

awomojure

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
What else can I do

I tried to upgrade my SGH-I727 AT&T. with odin and it failed may be due to not remember to set the usb debugging or incompatible Firmware. It brought out error message firmware update encountered an issue. Please select recovery on kies and try again. To solve this problem I need to boot it to download mode by 1st pressing the power botton and then volume up and down together and connect it to pc with usb cable when it directs me to press volume up botton to download mode, instead of download mode after pressing it, it brings back the error message. Firmware update encountered an issue..... I have tried it times without number. Am frustrated please me ooo

awomojure

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
According information on how to solve the problem of firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery on kies and try again. The use of odin is the best after downloading the appropriate firmware for the device and odin. i needed to boot the device (SGH-I727) to download mode by pressing the power botton first and then press volume up and down together and insert usb cable already connected to PC. A page will come up directing to press volume up to enter download mode. But when pressed instead of entering download mode, it brings takes me back to the same error message. i have tried all i could still the same. somebody help me.