An old Galaxy SII (T989, same as TMo) won't boot up. I've tried various solutions I found with combinations of volume and power buttons, but nothing works. I fear it's a firmware problem but before I do a factory reset (if I even can), is there anything I can try without losing photos, contacts, etc.? I don't think those are backed up.

Here's a brief (16sec) video I took. Note that it starts with the battery pulled (and not plugged in) and I don't actually hit the power button during the process. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ilHYZg85swonY3vk1

When I put the battery in, it immediately brings up the Samsung screen, then the Koodo (carrier) screen which appears to have a progress bar, and almost immediately the screen goes blank and the phone buzzes quietly every second or so. For now I'm leaving the battery in and hoping the buzzing will drain it. Not sure that will help.

If I do have to do a full factory reset, is there some way to do this when I don't have access to a menu? Or is it possible the phone won't do that either.

Thanks!
    =andrew
    10-30-2017 01:04 AM
    See if you can boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html.

If that doesn't help, try a new or different battery, in case your battery is dying.
    10-30-2017 02:01 AM