optimizing internet browser performance on Galaxy S II GT-I9100

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How can I optimize web browsing performance on the Galaxy S II GT-I9100? The main problem is that once any browser (e.g., Dolphin, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) is opened, it hangs on a website that requires a username and password. Sometimes the website works at first login after a fresh install or after I clear the browser data. I have already performed a hard factory reset as well as disabled as many Apps as possible after that. The phone runs Android 4.1.2. Is there a better Android version for the GT-I9100? If so, how would I install it? This phone is all I need if I can improve the browser performance. I would like to keep this phone. Let me know if you have any ideas to enhance the web browsing experience on the GT-I9100. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 4.1.2 was the highest version that the phone was officially updated to. You could look into rooting the phone and installing a custom ROM based on a higher version, but that doesn't guarantee that the browser will work better. Check the forums at XDA-Developers.com, which is a good resource.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1