How can I optimize web browsing performance on the Galaxy S II GT-I9100? The main problem is that once any browser (e.g., Dolphin, Firefox, Chrome, Opera) is opened, it hangs on a website that requires a username and password. Sometimes the website works at first login after a fresh install or after I clear the browser data. I have already performed a hard factory reset as well as disabled as many Apps as possible after that. The phone runs Android 4.1.2. Is there a better Android version for the GT-I9100? If so, how would I install it? This phone is all I need if I can improve the browser performance. I would like to keep this phone. Let me know if you have any ideas to enhance the web browsing experience on the GT-I9100. Thank you!
    12-07-2018 09:41 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! 4.1.2 was the highest version that the phone was officially updated to. You could look into rooting the phone and installing a custom ROM based on a higher version, but that doesn't guarantee that the browser will work better. Check the forums at XDA-Developers.com, which is a good resource.
    12-07-2018 12:44 PM