US Unlocked model - May security update rolling out !!!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just downloading the update. I switched to TMobile last week and surprise US unlocked model on T-Mobile, update pushed.
Thought I'll will have to put the Verizon SIM to force the update but luckily didn't have to this time

07cd95e34112cf7fcaf05b3e0fafbfb4.jpg

ef1d5baaa8493fcf7336dcae25b8dd06.jpg

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Looks like US unlocked model on most carriers got update almost at same time. Nice !!! I'm using it in TMobile and other two posts on Verizon/AT&T

And as usual so glad Samsung continue the trend of pushing updates to US unlocked model faster than carrier versions.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Strange then, that there is no mention of any camera updates in the official Samsung changelog for the Open China TD1 update...

2MJhheHh.png

We must not assume that the build for the Open China model, TD1, is the same as the build TD1 for the USA Snapdragon phones as TD1 just means the first build of April 2020 for a particular model. The builds are numbered by the letters of the alphabet, (up to build 27 and beyond), T = 20, D = 4

Last edited:

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Strange then, that there is no mention of any camera updates in the official Samsung changelog for the Open China TD1 update...

https://i.imgur.com/2MJhheHh.png

We must not assume that the build for the Open China model, TD1, is the same as the build TD1 for the USA Snapdragon phones as TD1 just means the first build of April 2020 for a particular model. The builds are numbered by the letters of the alphabet, (up to build 27 and beyond), T = 20, D = 4

Yes but my phone improved with every update with no mention of any single one being a camera update in the change logs. Not sure why

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes but my phone improved with every update with no mention of any single one being a camera update in the change logs. Not sure why

How do you know that there were camera updates?

Surely Samsung would have mentioned them, as they have done with other models, in their changelog. I cannot see any reason for Samsung to hide them.

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Because u can tell. My camera focus was horrible and improved with each update. If they weren't camera updates what were they? They weren't all security updates. Didn't you notice an improvement?

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Because u can tell. My camera focus was horrible and improved with each update. If they weren't camera updates what were they?
Increased competence with the camera use, wishful thinking, placebo effect.

Why would Samsung announce camera improvements in all their other Exynos and Snapdragon models and choose to hide/omit it from just the USA phones?

Would you not think that in light of the bad publicity that has surrounded the S20's camera since launch, that they would want to shout any such camera improvements from the rooftops to increase their sales and placate their users?

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Increased competence with the camera use, wishful thinking, placebo effect.

Why would Samsung announce camera improvements in all their other Exynos and Snapdragon models and choose to hide/omit it from just the USA phones?

Would you not think that in light of the bad publicity that has surrounded the S20's camera since launch, that they would want to shout any such camera improvements from the rooftops to increase their sales and placate their users?

Ok so the camera hunting for focus was a user issue? Do u have an ultra or are you just trolling?

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Every year the carrier phones were updated first and I bought the unlocked ones.
This year I get the carrier version and the unlocked get the updates first now! :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad