S20 Ultra or iPhone 11 pro

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm a diehard Samsung girl at heart and don't want to switch. With that being said, I'm continually impressed with iPhone photos vs. Samsung photos and I'm considering switching to iPhone just for the photo quality. How does the 20 compare to iPhone for photo quality, particularly low light photos, true colors, etc.?

Thanks for your input.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have both iPhone 11 pro max and S20+ (had Ultra till recently). Both are great camera's but I definitely take pictures/videos more with iPhone 11 pro max than S20. Standalone they both are great but I think iPhone 11 pro series is more consistent and better in various conditions. At the end it may also come down to preference and it may not be that big a difference for you. If someone says you can't use iPhone camera and only have to use S20+ camera I'll still be happy.

Here is a suggestion, why not buy the iPhone 11 pro and try it along side both yourself. If you don't like then return or if you like keep and sell/trade the Ultra?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I had the iPhone 11 Pro Max before getting the S20 ultra and I can tell you the cameras and photos are way better on the iPhone.

The cameras on the Ultra are a cluster and can't be fixed with a software update.

I can't wait for the Note 20 or iPhone 12 so I can jump ship fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Half my family have the 11, so I'll definitely be checking side by side photos if I go with the 20. Thanks for the feedback #bahtech.

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you #mustang7757. Their cameras are good enough that I may have to make the jump, but I really dislike how difficult/proprietary Apple is!

jimmynexus

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I had an 11 pro, and now a Galaxy Ultra,

I'll be buying a pre owned 11 Pro as soon as possible and getting rid of the Ultra, its just too inconsistent. We have a 10 month old baby, the 11 pro was always better at moving things, I find the Galaxy rarely captures the shot, and when it does there's the horrid skin smoothing. It should be a great camera in theory.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you #mustang7757. Their cameras are good enough that I may have to make the jump, but I really dislike how difficult/proprietary Apple is!

I'll be buying a pre owned 11 Pro as soon as possible and getting rid of the Ultra, its just too inconsistent. We have a 10 month old baby, the 11 pro was always better at moving things, I find the Galaxy rarely captures the shot, and when it does there's the horrid skin smoothing. It should be a great camera in theory.
You guys don't have to get away from android completely, Google pixel with there camera is a excellent choice.

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The bulk of my pictures are my dog and grandbabies, so I hear you on the moving things and I take a lot inside, so quality low light pictures are a must.

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You guys don't have to get away from android completely, Google pixel with there camera is a excellent choice.

The Pixel keeps showing up in my searches. Do you like the camera better than iPhone's camera, or just the phone overall? Does it take nice, sharp pictures with true to what your eyes see colors?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Pixel keeps showing up in my searches. Do you like the camera better than iPhone's camera, or just the phone overall? Does it take nice, sharp pictures with true to what your eyes see colors?
Pixel camera is the best in the business in my opinion in all lighting conditions, but video lacking compared to iPhone, so if you need both videos and pictures then iPhone, just pictures then pixel .

jimmynexus

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
The bulk of my pictures are my dog and grandbabies, so I hear you on the moving things and I take a lot inside, so quality low light pictures are a must.

I do love the detailed photos in 108 mode though when it does get the shot. I found with the 11 Pro as soon as you take the shot, you could pukd be guaranteed that it would get it, where as on the ultra I'm never sure, so take a few more just incase!

On a side note, the one thing I would miss is the Ultras amazing screen, and 120hz refresh rate, using a 60hz now is noticeable.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I too agree that the Pixel is one of the best cameras on the market and *the* best, IMO, if you are strictly limiting your search to Android devices.

My Google Pixel 2's photos rival my S10 ones - not that my S10 takes bad photos, though, it's just that I find that Pixel phones do well with things like moving subjects. My cat is my constant photographing subject and sometimes my S10 has trouble keeping up with the movement.

Let us know what you decide! Also, check out the "Pixel 4 Photos" thread here at Android Central to see some really neat pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox