So the May Security update includes a camera update as well to improve autofocus??

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol every update there is an improvement on autofocus

It's never going to stop and people won't stop looking for it on every security update

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Think people need to realise this is clearly a hardware issue that can’t be fixed with software which is why they are adding new hardware to the lens to fix auto focus issues on the note 20 plus

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S20 update brings camera improvements and more - Geeky Gadgets

https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/samsu...ings-camera-improvements-and-more-22-05-2020/

As far as ive seen Usa didn't get this update just yet. I would guess it will be our June security update. Since most of us have the may patch already. At least the unlocked models do anyway. Not sure about the carriers. It also includes an up close focus mode and better night mode and finger print and speaker improvements. So we shall see.

https://www.xda-developers.com/sams...ofocus-other-improvements-with-latest-update/

Last edited:

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'll tell you one thing it definitely did...it made that fingerprint sensor SNAPPY!

Be still... My beating ❤️

I tried that one video where I only have one profile and used multiple angles, both thumbs, etc., but still have issues.

The thing I've noticed is, when I'm using the FPS for access to make payments and logging in to other apps, it works flawlessly and with blazing speed. My problem is from the lockscreen or even when it's on AOD (I have it set to come on with screen tap). I probably can only get it to unlock using the FPS 20% of the time. The scanner is obviously reading?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed the exact same thing... on my Note 8 and think mentioned that about three years ago when I was noting how the FPS sucked on the 8 (some things just don’t change with Samsung eh?? Lol... fingers crossed with second gen FPS on Note 20)... on bank apps or basically ANY app that us use FPS is 200% more successful than when using it to unlock.

My personal guess is that for FPS checking for apps... Samsung reduced the level of security for apps. It’s only my personal opinion... but three years with this phone and I still get severe hit/miss unlocking my 8... but almost never get a fail when using with an app.

The thing I've noticed is, when I'm using the FPS for access to make payments and logging in to other apps, it works flawlessly and with blazing speed. My problem is from the lockscreen or even when it's on AOD (I have it set to come on with screen tap). I probably can only get it to unlock using the FPS 20% of the time. The scanner is obviously reading?

Grabber5.0

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
That article is also terrible. I see a lot of assumptions, conjecture, and no release notes. I suppose the screenshot could be showing the update notes, if I could read it, but a link to a Samsung document would be much better.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That article is also terrible. I see a lot of assumptions, conjecture, and no release notes. I suppose the screenshot could be showing the update notes, if I could read it, but a link to a Samsung document would be much better.
True, it's not perfect. We should keep in most of these articles that get posted are pure clickbait.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Sprint Galaxy S20 Ultra May Security Update live.
Also available on Sprint S20 Plus
Does anyone know if the camera was updated also in this update?

Screenshot_20200523-190829_Software update.jpg