What's your average battery drain per hour when idle?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm at around 2% per hour. I don't know if that's what it should be, but I do know that it's not going to be anything like apple and iPhones. I was just curious as to what everyone else is at. To be completely transparent, I run wifi, Bluetooth, high performance, location and AoD on all the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-021447_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-021447_AccuBattery.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 41

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Did you just purchase your phone? The battery could still be "settling in," per se. It takes a little while for the battery to adapt to your usage.

My S10 isn't the best for standby time. I too get about 1-2% an hour. My husband's LG G7 ThinQ, on the other hand, has excellent standby time, maybe one percent every few hours.

Screen brightness and AOD, as well as Bluetooth, probably play a role. I have a Fitbit and always have BT on and AOD enabled. Maybe try turning off your Bluetooth at night and see what happens?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Did you just purchase your phone? The battery could still be "settling in," per se. It takes a little while for the battery to adapt to your usage.

My S10 isn't the best for standby time. I too get about 1-2% an hour. My husband's LG G7 ThinQ, on the other hand, has excellent standby time, maybe one percent every few hours.

Screen brightness and AOD, as well as Bluetooth, probably play a role. I have a Fitbit and always have BT on and AOD enabled. Maybe try turning off your Bluetooth at night and see what happens?

Got my phone day 1, sorry, I should have mentioned that too.

I'll try turning off Bluetooth tonight and see what that saves me.

Your husband gets 1% every few hours?! Geez, you sure he doesn't have an iPhone? That's great for an Android.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got my phone day 1, sorry, I should have mentioned that too.

I'll try turning off Bluetooth tonight and see what that saves me.

Your husband gets 1% every few hours?! Geez, you sure he doesn't have an iPhone? That's great for an Android.

Bluetooth might be causing that drain! I'll turn mine off tonight too and see what happens.

I know!! He gets excellent battery life. And his iPhone SE had amazing stamina, especially when it would hit under 10%. I think it's him. He is the Battery Master. I should just give him my phone to use for a day and see if my standby time improves!

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
yeah, i'm going to try turning off my bluetooth today too and see if that helps.

if bluetooth is the culprit, then I will be extremely torn, as 2% idle drain per hour is huge over the span of a day. i mean, having a smart watch for system notifications and messages is kind of a big deal, but if it's draining battery at a clip of 10% every 5 hours, and given that i'm wearing my smartwatch ALL THE TIME, that's 48% of my battery life on something passive. geez, if that's the tradeoff, it's really making me think about how much i really need a smart watch. it's not even an apple watch, it's a MiBand, for goodness sakes!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i'm going to try turning off my bluetooth today too and see if that helps.

if bluetooth is the culprit, then I will be extremely torn, as 2% idle drain per hour is huge over the span of a day. i mean, having a smart watch for system notifications and messages is kind of a big deal, but if it's draining battery at a clip of 10% every 5 hours, and given that i'm wearing my smartwatch ALL THE TIME, that's 48% of my battery life on something passive. geez, if that's the tradeoff, it's really making me think about how much i really need a smart watch. it's not even an apple watch, it's a MiBand, for goodness sakes!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with my Fitbit. I like how it's always synced because then I can view my sleep score, steps, and especially my notifications and who is calling if I'm busy doing something and my phone vibrates.

Let us know what happens when you take your phone off Bluetooth overnight! I forgot to do it last night lol so I will do it tonight!

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm in the same boat with my Fitbit. I like how it's always synced because then I can view my sleep score, steps, and especially my notifications and who is calling if I'm busy doing something and my phone vibrates.

Let us know what happens when you take your phone off Bluetooth overnight! I forgot to do it last night lol so I will do it tonight!

It looks like Bluetooth IS a culprit. Keeping everything else on and turning off that one thing made a world of difference!

Turning it off bring me from 2% an hour to less than 1%.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-101022_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200530-101022_AccuBattery.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 22

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The only reason Bluetooth was always connected was for my Mi Band 4, for the notifications. Besides that, having it in just let me auto connect with my car.

That was kind of convenient, but I don't know if it's worth that amount of idle battery drain.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It looks like Bluetooth IS a culprit. Keeping everything else on and turning off that one thing made a world of difference!

Turning it off bring me from 2% an hour to less than 1%.

Oh, boy! Now I'm even more excited to try this tonight! Thank you so much for posting your results!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The only reason Bluetooth was always connected was for my Mi Band 4, for the notifications. Besides that, having it in just let me auto connect with my car.

That was kind of convenient, but I don't know if it's worth that amount of idle battery drain.
Usually Bluetooth on mine for good portion of the day no issue

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Usually Bluetooth on mine for good portion of the day no issue

Yeah, I just think 2% adds up through the course of a day. A steady and passive 20% over the 10 hours I'm using the phone I'm the middle of the day, on top what the phone uses while I'm actively on it feels like a lot.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't be concerned about your usage, but I couldn't answer that question because I rarely check battery usage. Sometimes it lasts a whole day, but more often than not I have to top off during the day because I use this thing a lot. All of my other devices were always the same way.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
No, I agree. The thing is that all reviews say this phone has "all day battery", taking it off the charger in the morning and plugging late in the evening with no problems. I've also seen folks post themselves getting 8-10 of SoT. So when those are the things that are being mentioned about battery life, then I think I just get a little anxious when I'm only seeing 6 hours of (projected) SoT. When I say projected, it's because I charge at 30 and unplug at 80, meaning I'm technically only using 50% of the full potential of the battery. In that time, I was getting a consistent 3 hours of SoT, with that time being split evenly between chrome and YouTube, with some comic book reading sprinkled in there.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, I agree. The thing is that all reviews say this phone has "all day battery", taking it off the charger in the morning and plugging late in the evening with no problems. I've also seen folks post themselves getting 8-10 of SoT. So when those are the things that are being mentioned about battery life, then I think I just get a little anxious when I'm only seeing 6 hours of (projected) SoT. When I say projected, it's because I charge at 30 and unplug at 80, meaning I'm technically only using 50% of the full potential of the battery. In that time, I was getting a consistent 3 hours of SoT, with that time being split evenly between chrome and YouTube, with some comic book reading sprinkled in there.
From 100 to 10% you only going see those SOT
You are correct only using 50% , I use mine close to 90/95%

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr