Verizon S20 Ultra Updates? What's the deal?

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone. I have a Glaxy S20 Ultra on Verizon.

When I first bought it, I got the March 2020 update, then a few weeks later received the April 2020 update.

Now Samsung with with May 2020 update sent out, fixed a lot of the camera focus issues, but Verizon has yet to release this update as far as I can tell and now, Samsung has released another security and enhancements update for June 2020. So, verizon is now behind on updates by 2 months.

Have any verizon users gotten these updates, or does anyone know the time table to get these updates?

Thanks!

customshopkv1

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
Still not there
giphy.gif

bluegreen1965

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone. I have a Glaxy S20 Ultra on Verizon.

When I first bought it, I got the March 2020 update, then a few weeks later received the April 2020 update.

Now Samsung with with May 2020 update sent out, fixed a lot of the camera focus issues, but Verizon has yet to release this update as far as I can tell and now, Samsung has released another security and enhancements update for June 2020. So, verizon is now behind on updates by 2 months.

Have any verizon users gotten these updates, or does anyone know the time table to get these updates?

Thanks!

Same here with same model. I have Mar and Apr updates, and that's it so far. The June one is coming though.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
LOL, yeah :p
@BassSoLow... Welcome to Samsung, lol.

Let's see... experience from last three years with my Note 8... If a May update was out... you wait a full month from first announced and then usually within 10 days of the NEXT month, you get it. So... I would say within the next 7 days.

I think I have been pretty lucky with the Note 8 because it usually held to that pattern for most the last three years. But I remember on the S8 forums (Or S9 maybe??)... those poor soul's updates were so erratic they didn't get updates at the beginning for months! :confused:

The deal with Verizon is......................No DEAL !

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The blame rests with the carriers not Samsung
I love to pile the blame on the carriers since they suck as usual. But it's Samsung's phone and they bend over to enable the crappy carriers to do this to their phones. I blame both of them equally.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I love to pile the blame on the carriers since they suck as usual. But it's Samsung's phone and they bend over to enable the crappy carriers to do this to their phones. I blame both of them equally.
It's the carrier models so ultimatly they call most of the shots and the updates have to be compatible with whatever nonsense the carriers add or take away.

LPRodgers

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
this is huge update too with a number of fixes, the fact we're not up to date since April is absolutely shameful on Verizon

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
this is huge update too with a number of fixes, the fact we're not up to date since April is absolutely shameful on Verizon
I avoid carrier branded models on Verizon as long as the Verizon supports WIFI calling and Volte on the unlocked model.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz