BOGO Samsung phones on Amazon...what does this say about value?

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/cnn-underscored/samsung-sale-smartphones-amazon/index.html

So I'm reading this, and thinking to myself, "that's great", but also wishing I had held out longer for this deal so I could have also kept my Note 9.

But then I got to wondering, what does this say about how much Samsung values their own products? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen an Apple product go literally BOGO, nor any other smart phone manufacturer. I mean, are they just flooding the market to win the smartphone war with quantity, or do they believe in their product so much that they're willing to find new and innovative ways to simply try and give it away?

Or is this Amazon just trying to move products that's been sitting for longer than they'd like?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There isn't any BOGO deal on US Unlocked S20. BOGO means buy one S20 and get another S20 and don't see anything like that. The free A series phone with S20, Samsung has done that before as well and even with earlier models. They keep doing these kind of offers.

As far as value, anyone who is buying Samsung phones for years knows there are always deals and promotions thru out the year along with pre orders. So I'm not seeing anything new specifically for S20.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Ah, okay.

I guess I used the term BOGO to imply you buy one of something and get another something for free, regardless of whether it's the same exact thin..I guess I wasn't specific enough.

I'm terms of deals and promotions, while they may always throw in an accessory or a rebate, I don't think I've ever seen it done with another phone, apart from when it's done when signing a contract with a carrier.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have seen them do free A series with purchase of unlocked models from Samsung.com before. Definitely was one of the black Friday offers with S10 last year and even during other times they have done this.

Basically their promotions keep rotating every few weeks. Like Free buds, free watch, free wireless chargers, direct $200 or something amount like that, free low end phone like the A series etc. Bottom line don't buy Galaxy flagship without some kind of offers since you'll find one soon ... You just have to wait for the right offer that works for you if you have the patience to wait.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/cnn-underscored/samsung-sale-smartphones-amazon/index.html

So I'm reading this, and thinking to myself, "that's great", but also wishing I had held out longer for this deal so I could have also kept my Note 9.

But then I got to wondering, what does this say about how much Samsung values their own products? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen an Apple product go literally BOGO, nor any other smart phone manufacturer. I mean, are they just flooding the market to win the smartphone war with quantity, or do they believe in their product so much that they're willing to find new and innovative ways to simply try and give it away?

Or is this Amazon just trying to move products that's been sitting for longer than they'd like?

Apple have been BOGO many times from retailers like Tmobile, Costco, Att etc.

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, but their BOGO is contingent on someone signing up for service and getting locked into a 2-year contract.

To be clear, 'm not saying Samsung sucks, or that their phones suck, because I've owned either a Note or S series device since the Note 2. I had just never seen this kind of deal before, and thought it was worth mentioning. In addition, I was just curious as to how customers may perceive a device when their being sold in such a way.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've seen Samsung give away entry level phones, tablets, and televisions with purchase of a flagship phone before.

Title of this thread made me think they were giving away S20s.

Also I've seen another manufacturer do this before, I think it was Motorola giving away a Moto E or Moto Play with the purchase of ther Z flagship.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget, this whole covid quarentine has to be hurting all of the phone manufactures. I'm sure Samsung will have some extra stock to get rid of, so you'll probably see some decent deals.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea that's exactly what it seemed like. I just knew that couldn't be true.
I've seen Samsung give away entry level phones, tablets, and televisions with purchase of a flagship phone before.

Title of this thread made me think they were giving away S20s.

Also I've seen another manufacturer do this before, I think it was Motorola giving away a Moto E or Moto Play with the purchase of ther Z flagship.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC