S20 5G UW questions for Verizon.

Florida Guy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Please disregard - I have found that I can buy the non UW unlocked only (not a Verizon model) but does
not work on Verizon 5G network (if I live long enough for that to come around). Will have to settle
for the UW model it seems.

All I can find for sale is the UW model with 8gb ram vs the non UW model with 12gb and
slot for sd card. Are they still selling the non UW model? It is not shown on either the
Samsung.com or Verizon sites. I prefer the sd slot.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
re: S20 Ultra UW questions for Verizon.

Please disregard - I have found that I can buy the non UW unlocked only (not a Verizon model) but does
not work on Verizon 5G network (if I live long enough for that to come around). Will have to settle

All I can find for sale is the UW model with 8gb ram vs the non UW model with 12gb and
slot for sd card. Are they still selling the non UW model? It is not shown on either the
Thank you.
What is a UW model?

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

There never was a Verizon S20 model until the UW one was released on June 4th. You would have to settle for the 8gb model or go with the unlocked version if you want 12gb.

Thank you.

bxrider117

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site

I pre-ordered the S20 5G UW and had it last Wednesday June 3rd. I got it straight from Samsung. I returned it the next day. It only has 8gb of memory. I could have dealt with that, but it also doesn't support expandable memory. Phone comes with 128gb of internal memory.

For those 2 reason I sent it back.

Florida Guy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: S20 Ultra UW questions for Verizon.

I did not want to buy an unlocked phone, but one made for Verizon, so bought mine just now on Samsung.com
They gave me $400 trade-in on my Galaxy S9.
With the discounts from Costco when I bought my S9, I only paid $400 in total for the phone over 24 months.
I find it unbelievable I'm getting a full refund of my original purchase price.
How could I not buy a new Galaxy??? With my trade, this one will cost $550
over 24 months, minus Samsung credit of $150 (over 24 months) applied to my bill.
So, if I'm figuring correctly, the new S20 is only costing me $400 when all is said and done.
Really not a deal breaker without sd slot.
I ordered the white version - exclusive to Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34