ATF1 - Samsung S20 series-US Unlocked: New update available!! (6/14/20)

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Downloading the new update ATF1 on the US unlocked model. Previously I was ATE6 with June security patch. But there is a trick!!

Supposedly the new update is out for the US unlocked model for XAA meaning if it's not associated with any crappy US carrier. I'm using it with T-Mobile and checked update (nothing). Then put my old Verizon sim, restarted to associate with Verizon and still nothing. Luckily I had an international SIM from my past travel and put that and restarted and checked update. Bingo !!!!!

Note if you just remove SIM and restart it won't work since it'll still associate with last SIM it was interested.

Anyway checking out the update now. If you have an US unlocked model and an international SIM card lying around then you can pop that in, restart and check for update to pull the update. Or may be Odin if you want to which I never do.

9ca19351d0c52792941b02a722a128dd.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have an international SIM lying around you can try below method on your US unlocked model. And no if you have a carrier model this won't work since your carrier model is running specific carrier firmware and this is for the US unlocked model to pull the unlocked firmware update without waiting for useless US carrier certification crap.

1. Remove current SIM - important and don't insert it back until update is completed.

2. Open Dialer and Dial *#272*IMEI# (you need to replace IMEI here with your actual IMEI number)

3. This will bring up the preconfig menu where you can associate a carrier code.

4. Choose XAA, and install

5. In select type of change, select sales & network code change.

6. It'll restart, once restarted check for update to pull ATF1 and install update.

7. Once update is installed completely, you can put your original SIM back, it'll restart to install your carrier configuration and life as usual.

Enjoy !!!

Disclaimer: Obviously do this at your own risk and I'm not responsible if you screw up anywhere

bdeb92459a107284864538d44a0fc0bc.jpg
e7199b2eab47509b7b8424222af6c7db.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This update has been out since June 1st. Got me excited thought there was a new update lol.
Oh really, I had only June security update with ATE4 on my US unlocked model with T-Mobile SIM which was pushed as part of June security update to my phone earlier this month.

Weird it didn't pull the ATF1 when I tried with Verizon SIM.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There was 2 June updates for unlocked s20? @bhatech you went through hoops to get that update
Nah I just put my international SIM to pull the update ... The hoops are for someone if they don't have a different SIM and want to pull the update.

Yeah I got two updates, originally beginning of June I got ATE4 with June security update (US unlocked on T-Mobile). I was able to pull ATF1 today after reading about the update on Reddit.

But supposedly US unlocked model using Verizon SIM got the June security update with ATF1 beginning of June itself according to Buzzy3970 post above

As we know Samsung updates are all over the place with firmware versions

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nah I just put my international SIM to pull the update ... The hoops are for someone if they don't have a different SIM and want to pull the update.

Yeah I got two updates, originally beginning of June I got ATE4 with June security update (US unlocked on T-Mobile). I was able to pull ATF1 today after reading about the update on Reddit.

But supposedly US unlocked model using Verizon SIM got the June security update with ATF1 beginning of June itself according to Buzzy3970 post above

As we know Samsung updates are all over the place with firmware versions
Gotcha, yeah there updates are all over , it's seems like finally a unlocked Samsung getting updates faster then carrier version these days which is the way it's supposed to be .

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Guess I'll just have to wait. I don't have any other sim's and I'm not chancing screwing up trying to fake it. S20Ultra US Unlocked, Xfinity SIM.

DUTCH VanAtlanta

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
Thank you Sir bhatech!! Did it without the SIM on my US Unlocked Ultra. Followed the directions exactly, and it was a walk in the park.

The closeup focus is now superb down to a couple of inches.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see those who didn’t have the update able to pull it this way.

Going forward no more waiting we can pull the update without waiting

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Glad to see those who didn’t have the update able to pull it this way.

Going forward no more waiting we can pull the update without waiting
Definitely. This was so much easier than flashing it through Odin. I haven't tried anything through that since the s2 or s3 but from i remember it wasn't hard just felt messy to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX