Is Samsung going to really do this... Ads?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's been all over reddit. I wonder what's the reason some are seeing intrusive ads. Doesn't really seem like Samsung. Wonder if it's some kind of bug.

Perhaps it is a bug. I too am surprised that Samsung would allow this. I have yet to experience anything on my S10. This is disconcerting.

Stinkmitt

Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
You think that is bad. Try paying $3500 for a Samsung QLED TV and getting Ads on the NOT JUST the smart TV mode, but on the Input/Source Menu as well. It's unbelievable and I will NOT buy and other SAMSUNG TV.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking that as well. Kind of like when people download some janky free apps and have ads take over the use of their phone.
Perhaps it is a bug. I too am surprised that Samsung would allow this. I have yet to experience anything on my S10. This is disconcerting.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This happens all the time.. Just because some haven't seen ads doesn't mean Samsung isn't doing it. I've posted article that says Samsung is doing it and it also says select markets. So I would assume not everyone is getting them. Be glad if your one not getting them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This happens all the time.. Just because some haven't seen ads doesn't mean Samsung isn't doing it. I've posted article that says Samsung is doing it and it also says select markets. So I would assume not everyone is getting them. Be glad if your one not getting them.
In settings under privacy you have opt out of ads toggle on? Screenshot_20200702-211654_Settings.jpeg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
In settings under privacy you have opt out of ads toggle on? View attachment 322144
I have it turned off. Isn't that for Google ads anyway. If I turn it off it just says we'll still get ads, just not personalized to us.
f84c3fcf47f9722b1fe69482085ff151.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Last edited:

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've not seen all the ads that people are getting on my AT&T branded s20+. I also opted out of a crap load of things when i setup my phone which may have something to do with this. I also always read the privacy and customization agreements on all the apps i install on my phone. Alot of what I see is people blindly hitting accept and checking bubbles or boxes without knowing what they are actually agreeing to. I also don't have the places nearby setting in the dialer on my AT&T version.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've not seen all the ads that people are getting on my AT&T branded s20+. I also opted out of a crap load of things when i setup my phone which may have something to do with this. I also always read the privacy and customization agreements on all the apps i install on my phone. Alot of what I see is people blindly hitting accept and checking bubbles or boxes without knowing what they are actually agreeing to. I also don't have the places nearby setting in the dialer on my AT&T version.
Good point , I don't either, I have places on in the dialer no ads , I don't use Samsung personalization across all apps . I like to know if safe mode it still happening.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if nobody is reading the article or we are on separate pages. What I've been saying is not related to third party ads, it's from Samsung directly. I doubt safe mode will stop them. I've enclosed a picture of part of the article. It's expected to be part of Samsung one UI 2.5 coming with the note 20 "STOCK APPS".

The other article says it is being deployed on the note 10, s 20 series now which some are getting them. I have not gotten one yet, my brother has, witch is what made me start this post, and it appears others have also. The first article has stated others have gotten the ads also.
4b18185de72f43e947753f737df04967.jpg

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if nobody is reading the article or we are on separate pages. What I've been saying is not related to third party ads, it's from Samsung directly. I doubt safe mode will stop them. I've enclosed a picture of part of the article. It's expected to be part of Samsung one UI 2.5 coming with the note 20 "STOCK APPS".

The other article says it is being deployed on the note 10, s 20 series now which some are getting them. I have not gotten one yet, my brother has, witch is what made me start this post, and it appears others have also. The first article has stated others have gotten the ads also.
4b18185de72f43e947753f737df04967.jpg
Yeah, I think people didn't read our posts, too. That's a Samsung policy, I received my ads from a **** called "SamsungAdsService" and it was a lot of work to find how to disable it. All I have to say is, if this news about UI 2.5 is true (and maybe it is), for me will be time to go back iPhone all the way again. I simply hate and simply don't accept receiving crap ads notifications on my own device, in any circumstances. I pay for apps I like in order to not see it, if it is forced through the system so this system is not an option for me anymore.

Hope Apple will finally put pen support to new iOS 14, so I'll be really good to go again. Shame on you, Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think people didn't read our posts, too. That's a Samsung policy, I received my ads from a **** called "SamsungAdsService" and it was a lot of work to find how to disable it. All I have to say is, if this news about UI 2.5 is true (and maybe it is), for me will be time to go back iPhone all the way again. I simply hate and simply don't accept receiving crap ads notifications on my own device, in any circumstances. I pay for apps I like in order to not see it, if it is forced through the system so this system is not an option for me anymore.

Hope Apple will finally put pen support to new iOS 14, so I'll be really good to go again. Shame on you, Samsung.
I'm the exact same way for ads. I pay for the apps to get rid of ads. If Samsung brings ads to their stock apps on their phones I'll be looking at options. I was planning on getting the note 20, but reconsidering at the moment

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm the exact same way for ads. I pay for the apps to get rid of ads. If Samsung brings ads to their stock apps on their phones I'll be looking at options. I was planning on getting the note 20, but reconsidering at the moment
Same here. I was all way down for Note 20 Ultra, now I have to reconsider. If it was a way to uninstall default Samsung apps, I'd be good. But since we don't have this option, I need to look around for options, and iPhone seems to be the most obvious one.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I finally decided and ordered a S20 Ultra as they gave me a stupid trade in amount for my wife’s old S7 and a discount for my place of employment. Soon as I pull the plug this thread pops up. If this is the way it’s going to be I’m sending it right back and will go OP or Google. I hate adds and buy my apps or pay to unlock add free, so to be forced to see them on my device will be the breaking point for me and Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I finally decided and ordered a S20 Ultra as they gave me a stupid trade in amount for my wife’s old S7 and a discount for my place of employment. Soon as I pull the plug this thread pops up. If this is the way it’s going to be I’m sending it right back and will go OP or Google. I hate adds and buy my apps or pay to unlock add free, so to be forced to see them on my device will be the breaking point for me and Samsung.
So far it hasn't been wide spread, but if it becomes wide spread I'll be looking my options over. Like you I pay to avoid ads