Is Samsung going to really do this... Ads?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've read the customization services details and from what I've read they don't allow you to remove ads, only to have the ads be sent to you based on your apparent interests or to be sent to you randomly.

Like others here, when I'm ready to move on from this S20+, Samsung will be in my rear view mirror. I don't know if it will be another Android OS product (likely) or an iPhone. It just won't be a Sammy phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've read the customization services details and from what I've read they don't allow you to remove ads, only to have the ads be sent to you based on your apparent interests or to be sent to you randomly.

Like others here, when I'm ready to move on from this S20+, Samsung will be in my rear view mirror. I don't know if it will be another Android OS product (likely) or an iPhone. It just won't be a Sammy phone.
That's how I understand it.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
There's also a more settings under customization serviceView attachment 322156

Basically this sounds like I can either get ads based on my preferences, so lots of grills, smokers, trucks and tech or I can get generic flowers.com/Prius and insurance adds. Not that it’s removing them. I’m debating even opening my S20 Ultra today or refusing delivery based on everything I’ve read so far.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I didn't suggest it's prevent ads

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Basically this sounds like I can either get ads based on my preferences, so lots of grills, smokers, trucks and tech or I can get generic flowers.com/Prius and insurance adds. Not that it’s removing them. I’m debating even opening my S20 Ultra today or refusing delivery based on everything I’ve read so far.
I didn't suggest it's removes ads....I was responding to @mustang7757 post and mentioned that as an additional setting.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Basically this sounds like I can either get ads based on my preferences, so lots of grills, smokers, trucks and tech or I can get generic flowers.com/Prius and insurance adds. Not that is removing them. I’m debating even opening my S20 Ultra today or refusing delivery based on everything I’ve read so far.
I wouldn't get the phone just because of this as it's not clear to the scope of where this will go. As it says in the second article, it's also certain markets. So who knows.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't get the phone just because of this as it's not clear to the scope of where this will go. As it says in the second article, it's also certain markets. So who knows.

I'll put my faith in AdGuard to be able to supress this Samsung Non-sense.

Other ideas... screw OneUI... go with a 3rd party launcher then... screw their phone dialer.... go with Google dialer.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll put my faith in AdGuard to be able to supress this Samsung Non-sense.

Other ideas... screw OneUI... go with a 3rd party launcher then... screw their phone dialer.... go with Google dialer.
Google phone isn't compatible. For myself, I would never get rid of OneUi and replace it with a launcher. I'm not even sure that would solve the problem.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Changing launchers will not do a thing, you are still running the same apps, using the same dialers, getting the same notifications and so on. the only thing you can do is to use third party apps, but then you will have to contend with their ads or pay extra.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree launcher won't fix this, we need people that having this issue try safe mode, otherwise we not getting anywhere just talking about it. Let's try some things out.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree launcher won't fix this, we need people that having this issue try safe mode, otherwise we not getting anywhere just talking about it. Let's try some things out.
Quick question.. What's safe mode going to do and who wants to use safe mode anyway. Might as well use a dumb phone IMO. The ones getting the ads now it's minimal the way I understand it, maybe once a day if that. I'm assuming you're trying to rule out samsung and see if it's third party apps. I'm glad it isn't happening to me yet, but I will leave Samsung if it means I need to use safe mode to use my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Quick question.. What's safe mode going to do and who wants to use safe mode anyway. Might as well use a dumb phone IMO. The ones getting the ads now it's minimal the way I understand it, maybe once a day if that. I'm assuming you're trying to rule out samsung and see if it's third party apps. I'm glad it isn't happening to me yet, but I will leave Samsung if it means I need to use safe mode to use my phone.
Yeah like to rule out 3rd party apps, I thought your having the issue my bad lol

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah like to rule out 3rd party apps, I thought your having the issue my bad lol
No, I'm not yet and hopefully never. My brother has and I haven't talked to him to see if it's still happening. Sure other's on here say they have.

I figured that's what you meant by safe mode. I'm guessing everyone is like me and don't want to use safe mode.. Lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No, I'm not yet and hopefully never. My brother has and I haven't talked to him to see if it's still happening. Sure other's on here say they have.

I figured that's what you meant by safe mode. I'm guessing everyone is like me and don't want to use safe mode.. Lol
Safe mode just for troubleshooting , then you get out , not meant to stay all the time .