What is it and how the crap do i get it off???? Google it and I don't see what its telling me to do.
    07-03-2020 02:17 PM
    You lost me....why are you trying to get rid of it? It's integrated into the OS and you don't have to use it. Are you trying to turn off something you turned on?
    kct1975 likes this.
    07-03-2020 04:05 PM
    07-03-2020 04:21 PM
    Are you talking about the ability to unlock your Chromebook as long as your phone is nearby? https://support.google.com/chromeboo.../9617782?hl=en. Or are you talking about the ability to have your phone automatically remain unlocked based on location? https://www.computerworld.com/articl...art%20Lock.%22
    07-03-2020 04:32 PM
    #1 why can't the app developers get this fixed where the quick reply works?

#2 the ONLY downside to Google Smart Lock/Unlock (whatever it's called) is that it is inconsistent as hell, primarily when it's based on location. Otherwise, I freakin' love it. In order to have work email on my phone, it has to have a secured lockscreen. Samsung FPS have been unreliable at best for years and now, with the S20 Ultra, there's no more iris scan, so I appreciate Google's feature even more so.
    kct1975 and Monee_121 like this.
    07-03-2020 06:06 PM
    #1 why can't the app developers get this fixed where the quick reply works?

#2 the ONLY downside to Google Smart Lock/Unlock (whatever it's called) is that it is inconsistent as hell, primarily when it's based on location. Otherwise, I freakin' love it. In order to have work email on my phone, it has to have a secured lockscreen. Samsung FPS have been unreliable at best for years and now, with the S20 Ultra, there's no more iris scan, so I appreciate Google's feature even more so.
    Are you using one of the Android Central apps? They've been buggy lately -- completely crashing recently, and then fixed with the latest update. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were some lingering minor bugs.

I agree about Smart Lock -- it never seems to work consistently using Trusted Place. I've tried entering both my actual street address and also locating my house manually using the map function, and it's still inconsistent.
    mlblack16 and kct1975 like this.
    07-03-2020 06:32 PM
    Ok so had to get my glass for the back camera on this S20 Ultra. After 156 pages of complaints on how it was a product flaw and Samsung not taking ownership, I had to ship it off to a place to get fixed here in KY. Long story short, (too late) I get it back and no matter what I try to long in, keeps bring up this Google smart lock. I never turned it on, I have no clue what it is and Sim/HD card were left out.
    I tried to follow what Google said on how to turn it off and .
    I finally just sucked it up and reset it original settings. I swear I've had 4 gens of Galaxy phones and I feel more stupid each one lol
    07-03-2020 07:26 PM
    Ok so had to get my glass for the back camera on this S20 Ultra. After 156 pages of complaints on how it was a product flaw and Samsung not taking ownership, I had to ship it off to a place to get fixed here in KY. Long story short, (too late) I get it back and no matter what I try to long in, keeps bring up this Google smart lock. I never turned it on, I have no clue what it is and Sim/HD card were left out.
    I tried to follow what Google said on how to turn it off and .
    I finally just sucked it up and reset it original settings. I swear I've had 4 gens of Galaxy phones and I feel more stupid each one lol
    So everything all good?
    07-03-2020 08:13 PM
    It's still not entirely clear to me what the issue was -- it'd be nice to see a screenshot, but it sounds like the factory reset might have gotten rid of it. If it comes back, show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    07-03-2020 08:58 PM
    It's still not entirely clear to me what the issue was -- it'd be nice to see a screenshot, but it sounds like the factory reset might have gotten rid of it. If it comes back, show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    I'm confused now, was it factory reset or resetting it's setting?
    07-03-2020 10:17 PM
    I'm confused now, was it factory reset or resetting it's setting?
    Hmm, you may be right.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-04-2020 01:13 AM
    Are you using one of the Android Central apps? They've been buggy lately -- completely crashing recently, and then fixed with the latest update. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were some lingering minor bugs.

I agree about Smart Lock -- it never seems to work consistently using Trusted Place. I've tried entering both my actual street address and also locating my house manually using the map function, and it's still inconsistent.
    Yes, using the only Android Central app that I'm aware of in the Play Store (unless apps like Tapatalk are compatible).

As for the OP's complaints about not wanting Smart Unlock at all, I guess to each their own. When it does work it's quite convenient, IMO.
    07-04-2020 07:30 AM
    Yes, using the only Android Central app that I'm aware of in the Play Store (unless apps like Tapatalk are compatible).
    There have always been two apps -- AC - Tips & News also gives you access to the forums, but in a limited capacity. AC Forums App is based on Tapatalk and has more functionality.
    07-04-2020 11:08 AM
    So everything all good?
    I apologize for not responding sooner. All is good. No factory reset was done. I got my phone back and all was normal until, I went to sign on to some apps. It kept saying that. I've never seen it before at all and was totally confused one what it was or did. I knew I'd gotten an update about 15 mins prior so I thought maybe that caused it.
    I have no clue what I did to make it go away but finally got into my apps. I've never had that pop up in all the years I've had a Galaxy.
    I didn't think to take a screen shot i was so frustrated. So that would have helped as well i know.
    As an example (not mine) this is what popped up. I'd say yes and it would just keep popping up like I'd never hit yes.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-06-2020 10:57 PM
    I apologize for not responding sooner. All is good. No factory reset was done. I got my phone back and all was normal until, I went to sign on to some apps. It kept saying that. I've never seen it before at all and was totally confused one what it was or did. I knew I'd gotten an update about 15 mins prior so I thought maybe that caused it.
    I have no clue what I did to make it go away but finally got into my apps. I've never had that pop up in all the years I've had a Galaxy.
    I didn't think to take a screen shot i was so frustrated. So that would have helped as well i know.
    As an example (not mine) this is what popped up. I'd say yes and it would just keep popping up like I'd never hit yes.[IMG=270x600]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200707/76f67144c83ddeb91601d170cf115872.jpg[/url]
    No problem, glad it's ok now
    AmyC76 likes this.
    07-06-2020 11:01 PM
    Here's more information about Smart Lock: https://get.google.com/smartlock/?hl=zh-tw
    AmyC76 likes this.
    07-07-2020 02:20 PM
    Here's more information about Smart Lock: https://get.google.com/smartlock/?hl=zh-tw
    Awesome! Thank you! I swear ill get more savvy someday lol
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-07-2020 05:47 PM
    Awesome! Thank you! I swear ill get more savvy someday lol
    Stick with us, and you'll get savvy pretty quickly!
    AmyC76 likes this.
    07-07-2020 05:51 PM