Tried again, but some issues with my S20 Ultra.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I am pumped because today is the day my new s20 Ultra arrives. Update it and take it to the lake. Take photos at max res to get that killer detail. So much lag between pushing the button and the camera taking the image. That's understandable because it's evening and the sun is shining right at us and it's a large file. But the kicker is 80% of my photos don't even save. Just snap and nothing. Tried standard 12mp and then the HDR was bonkers and no solid results from that either. The last thing I've noticed is it seems like a lot of play with my charging port. Not sure how much play they normally have but it's not giving me the most confidence. And the last last thing is complete lag and frozen screens while typing. Happens with stock and swift. So I'm going to hopefully see if there is any work around for some of these things but I might be doing a return. Not sure how Samsung does exchanges if I went that route.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I am sorry your new phone has not performed the way you hoped it would. People have said the updates to the camera have helped, although I don't have personal knowledge.

There shouldn't be a lot of play with the charging port. My S10+ is pretty tight.

I do have a little lag on my S10+. I factory reset it and I am still getting some lag at times. Especially the messages app. But if it isn't performing as expected maybe a return isn't a bad option.

Hoping people with the phone will chime in with their points of view.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so sorry you are having issues with your new phone! With regards to your camera, I would recommend trying to boot your phone into Safe Mode to see if that makes any difference. Are you using any third-party photo editing apps, or anything like that?

As Kizzy said above, your port should be snug and tight. Perhaps returning the phone is the safest option. Please keep us updated! :)

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm so sorry you are having issues with your new phone! With regards to your camera, I would recommend trying to boot your phone into Safe Mode to see if that makes any difference. Are you using any third-party photo editing apps, or anything like that?

As Kizzy said above, your port should be snug and tight. Perhaps returning the phone is the safest option. Please keep us updated! :)

I had just updated it with no apps downloaded as I didn’t have time. It seems to be faster today but the port is worrisome. The camera seems much faster today once it’s been fully charged.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I had just updated it with no apps downloaded as I didn’t have time. It seems to be faster today but the port is worrisome. The camera seems much faster today once it’s been fully charged.

That is good that the camera seems snappier! But I am worried ahout the port being loose like you've mentioned. Do you charge your phone in another room? If you do, I'd recommend charging it in a place where you can keep an eye on it.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That is good that the camera seems snappier! But I am worried ahout the port being loose like you've mentioned. Do you charge your phone in another room? If you do, I'd recommend charging it in a place where you can keep an eye on it.

It’s got play up and down. It feels like it snaps in but then the cable moves a bit at the base.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It’s got play up and down. It feels like it snaps in but then the cable moves a bit at the base.

I would definitely keep an eye on it. This is still a new device and the chargers and cables are new, as well, correct? They shouldn't have defects due to age or use if they just came out of the box.

We are concerned for your safety - please keep an eye out when you are charging your device. Perhaps do not leave it on the charger overnight.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I like you gave it another shot, it still didn't fit the bill, I respect that.. Hopefully Note 20 or another phone will.

I’ll put up with a lot for any shortcomings on a Note. I feel the extras and usability for me make up for the deficits. Add gcam and I’ll be set. But the cost of the Ultra being wrapped around the camera and the results are not any better than my old Note for that price isn’t something I’m willing to live with. I love innovation so I’m hoping the next iteration will be bonkers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I’ll put up with a lot for any shortcomings on a Note. I feel the extras and usability for me make up for the deficits. Add gcam and I’ll be set. But the cost of the Ultra being wrapped around the camera and the results are not any better than my old Note for that price isn’t something I’m willing to live with. I love innovation so I’m hoping the next iteration will be bonkers.
Understand

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon