Pre-installed screen protector question.

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
just picked up my S20 tra yesterday. I seriously cannot detect the screen protector at all! I'm afraid its not there, and wondering if I should try to peel it up to be sure or what! I ordered some just in case, but I also don't want to but one on tip of another.

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: pre-installed screen protector

Oops I wasn't signed in. I guess I will look again tomorrow when the lighting is better. But even running my finger and nail over the screen I can't detect anything. Its maddening. Lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Oops I wasn't signed in. I guess I will look again tomorrow when the lighting is better. But even running my finger and nail over the screen I can't detect anything. Its maddening. Lol
Welcome back :)

They can be hard to detect, try running your nail from sides and bottom should feel it , where did u purchase it?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Look at the selfie camera. There should be a recess there.

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

I purchased directly from us cellular. Brand new im assuming! Lol. But no. I see nothing around the selfie camera. Don't feel anything either.

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Im going to look more closely in the morning.....but I'm 90% sure there is no screen saver.

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Ok....So I just watched a video and watched a guy remove his pre-installed screen protector, and i noticed the recess for the selfie screen. I'm now positive my phone didn't come with one. What does that mean? Was this owned by someone else? It looks perfect. Works fine. Uggggh.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Ok....So I just watched a video and watched a guy remove his pre-installed screen protector, and i noticed the recess for the selfie screen. I'm now positive my phone didn't come with one. What does that mean? Was this owned by someone else? It looks perfect. Works fine. Uggggh.
Possible that carrier version didn't come with it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I would contact the carrier

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I did email a guy I often work with in customer service and he told me to go back to store and if its a production defect they will give me all my "options" I feel like the only option should be to give me a new phone. I just can't shake the feeling that I didn't get a new one.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I did email a guy I often work with in customer service and he told me to go back to store and if its a production defect they will give me all my "options" I feel like the only option should be to give me a new phone. I just can't shake the feeling that I didn't get a new one.

Welcome back to Android Central! I agree with the above users - you should be able to see and feel the screen protector film. I think mine even shone a bit in different lightning conditions.

Was your charging port very snug when you charged the phone? If it was a very tight fit then that could also tell you that the phone hasn't been charged much of yet and could likely be new.

Let us know what happens!

Misszell

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Well I just called the store I bought it at. He insists that they do not sell used phones, and that the rep who sold me the phone must have taken it off. He said I could bring this in and exchange it for 35 dollars. Ugggh

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just because someone told you it would be $35 doesn't mean you have to stand for that. I would call and talk to the store manager and if he was the store manager then I would go higher. People will do to you what you let them do to you. You should be able to exchange that phone with no charge whatsoever. Don't let them do anything less.
Well I just called the store I bought it at. He insists that they do not sell used phones, and that the rep who sold me the phone must have taken it off. He said I could bring this in and exchange it for 35 dollars. Ugggh

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm still rocking my factory pre installed screen protector from the launch of the S20 Ultra.

I would take that phone back and demand a New/Sealed phone as they all come from Samsung with the screen protector installed.

Also don't pay $35.00 restocking fee as you purchased a NEW phone and not one that some counter jockey peeled the screen protector off of.

Call for the manager or their corporate office.