07-28-2020 03:34 PM
36 12
tools
    just picked up my S20 tra yesterday. I seriously cannot detect the screen protector at all! I'm afraid its not there, and wondering if I should try to peel it up to be sure or what! I ordered some just in case, but I also don't want to but one on tip of another.
    07-13-2020 09:45 PM
    They should come with pre-installed film protect, look at the edges really close as it doesn't go all the way down the glass.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-13-2020 09:47 PM
    Oops I wasn't signed in. I guess I will look again tomorrow when the lighting is better. But even running my finger and nail over the screen I can't detect anything. Its maddening. Lol
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-13-2020 10:01 PM
    Oops I wasn't signed in. I guess I will look again tomorrow when the lighting is better. But even running my finger and nail over the screen I can't detect anything. Its maddening. Lol
    Welcome back

They can be hard to detect, try running your nail from sides and bottom should feel it , where did u purchase it?
    07-13-2020 10:14 PM
    Look at the selfie camera. There should be a recess there.
    07-13-2020 10:15 PM
    Look at the selfie camera. There should be a recess there.
    Good point with screen dark
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    07-13-2020 10:17 PM
    I purchased directly from us cellular. Brand new im assuming! Lol. But no. I see nothing around the selfie camera. Don't feel anything either.
    07-13-2020 10:26 PM
    Can you post some screen shots without a case at different angles?
    07-13-2020 10:28 PM
    Im going to look more closely in the morning.....but I'm 90% sure there is no screen saver.
    07-13-2020 10:33 PM
    07-13-2020 10:45 PM
    Ok....So I just watched a video and watched a guy remove his pre-installed screen protector, and i noticed the recess for the selfie screen. I'm now positive my phone didn't come with one. What does that mean? Was this owned by someone else? It looks perfect. Works fine. Uggggh.
    07-13-2020 11:06 PM
    Ok....So I just watched a video and watched a guy remove his pre-installed screen protector, and i noticed the recess for the selfie screen. I'm now positive my phone didn't come with one. What does that mean? Was this owned by someone else? It looks perfect. Works fine. Uggggh.
    Possible that carrier version didn't come with it.
    07-13-2020 11:30 PM
    [Thread moved to the S20 & etc subforum, OP corrected as started by @Misszell.]
    07-14-2020 02:17 AM
    Good point with screen dark
    You can feel it without being dark if it's there
    07-14-2020 05:56 AM
    I would contact the carrier
    07-14-2020 05:57 AM
    I did email a guy I often work with in customer service and he told me to go back to store and if its a production defect they will give me all my "options" I feel like the only option should be to give me a new phone. I just can't shake the feeling that I didn't get a new one.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    07-14-2020 09:24 AM
    I did email a guy I often work with in customer service and he told me to go back to store and if its a production defect they will give me all my "options" I feel like the only option should be to give me a new phone. I just can't shake the feeling that I didn't get a new one.
    Welcome back to Android Central! I agree with the above users - you should be able to see and feel the screen protector film. I think mine even shone a bit in different lightning conditions.

Was your charging port very snug when you charged the phone? If it was a very tight fit then that could also tell you that the phone hasn't been charged much of yet and could likely be new.

Let us know what happens!
    07-14-2020 09:27 AM
    Well I just called the store I bought it at. He insists that they do not sell used phones, and that the rep who sold me the phone must have taken it off. He said I could bring this in and exchange it for 35 dollars. Ugggh
    07-14-2020 10:16 AM
    Just because someone told you it would be $35 doesn't mean you have to stand for that. I would call and talk to the store manager and if he was the store manager then I would go higher. People will do to you what you let them do to you. You should be able to exchange that phone with no charge whatsoever. Don't let them do anything less.
    Well I just called the store I bought it at. He insists that they do not sell used phones, and that the rep who sold me the phone must have taken it off. He said I could bring this in and exchange it for 35 dollars. Ugggh
    07-14-2020 10:35 AM
    I'm still rocking my factory pre installed screen protector from the launch of the S20 Ultra.

I would take that phone back and demand a New/Sealed phone as they all come from Samsung with the screen protector installed.

Also don't pay $35.00 restocking fee as you purchased a NEW phone and not one that some counter jockey peeled the screen protector off of.

Call for the manager or their corporate office.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-14-2020 05:54 PM
    What have you decided?
    07-14-2020 07:03 PM
    I'm still rocking my factory pre installed screen protector from the launch of the S20 Ultra.

I would take that phone back and demand a New/Sealed phone as they all come from Samsung with the screen protector installed.

Also don't pay $35.00 restocking fee as you purchased a NEW phone and not one that some counter jockey peeled the screen protector off of.

Call for the manager or their corporate office.
    I know. I wish I was confrontational but I'm just not. I just purchased the phone on Sunday so I have some time.
    07-14-2020 07:42 PM
    Well if that's his story let him get the 35 dollars from the rep that took it off. It's a screen protector, not a protective shipping film.
    07-14-2020 07:55 PM
    Well if that's his story let him get the 35 dollars from the rep that took it off. It's a screen protector, not a protective shipping film.
    Exactly
    07-14-2020 08:23 PM
    I know. I wish I was confrontational but I'm just not. I just purchased the phone on Sunday so I have some time.
    Just do it !

These phone are very hard to get a decent screen protector to work on. I'm happy to have my factory installed one and I'm careful with it.
    The only other option is the Whitestone Dome and it's a pain to install.
    07-14-2020 08:31 PM
36 12