Unlocked on T-Mobile vs Verizon?

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
So I have the unlocked version of the s20+ currently running on Verizon. Everything is working great like volte, wifi calling, etc. but I'm thinking about switching to TMobile. Just curious if all those things will work on T-Mobile as well. If I switch the the note20 I'll be getting unlocked version again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah tmobile has all them working

Edit: tmobile doesn't have the toggle for volte, but pretty sure it has volte on unlocked model

NokiaFan24

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Just to add, I bought an unlocked Sprint-model S20+ (it looks like each carrier gets their own specific model), and as soon as I fired it up with my TMo SIM, it loaded up all the TMo-specific software and runs as a native TMo phone. When booting, I even get the pink TMo splash screen and jingle.

Coming from other unlocked phones which sometimes work "generically" on the network, I haven't always had that level of integration even if the advanced network features all work fine from a connectivity/services standpoint.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just to add, I bought an unlocked Sprint-model S20+ (it looks like each carrier gets their own specific model), and as soon as I fired it up with my TMo SIM, it loaded up all the TMo-specific software and runs as a native TMo phone. When booting, I even get the pink TMo splash screen and jingle.

Coming from other unlocked phones which sometimes work "generically" on the network, I haven't always had that level of integration even if the advanced network features all work fine from a connectivity/services standpoint.
That's exactly how on Samsung sim unlocked phone should work .

NokiaFan24

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
@Mustang, Yes I agree, though this was my first experience with this seamless/transparent process...I've spent 20 minutes getting the TMo to provision the IP settings and such for unlocked phones in the past! (Granted these were true unlocked Nokias without direct carrier support, but I was only familiar with the ability to do generic unlocking for "access" but not the network apps)