Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
1) Time keeps going an hour ahead then corrects itself
2) Have some issues calling out

anyone else, I wonder if related to network changes

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
It might be network changes cus yesterday I did the update and for some reason my phone decided I couldn't do anything unless I was in wifi and today it works fine and I have 5g and full bars where I would normally not

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been having issues ever since the 5G NR update. Sometimes I can't make or receive calls, and my S20 Plus struggles to switch between 4G LTE and 5G.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I talked to t-mobile support, said issue was my sim card didn't support 5g sa. Haven't heard that before, oh well, will at least go get a new sim card tomorrow then. Happens to both mine and wife's s20.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I've been having issues ever since the 5G NR update. Sometimes I can't make or receive calls, and my S20 Plus struggles to switch between 4G LTE and 5G.
Thats what happened with mine today and sometimes I had no service all together

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I talked to t-mobile support, said issue was my sim card didn't support 5g sa. Haven't heard that before, oh well, will at least go get a new sim card tomorrow then. Happens to both mine and wife's s20.

Will prove to be a waste of your time.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna stop by my local TMobile store today and try to get them to replace my SIM. I've been using the same SIM card since my S8. This is getting pretty annoying.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
New problem now my phone keeps switching back and fourth between 4g lte and wifi I talked to a rep from tmobile and they told me something different then it being the sim card they told me to go to my nearest samsung store and have them run a diagnostic on it

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
New problem now my phone keeps switching back and fourth between 4g lte and wifi I talked to a rep from tmobile and they told me something different then it being the sim card they told me to go to my nearest samsung store and have them run a diagnostic on it

I definitely think this 5G NR update messed things up. Been having really strange issues ever since, including the phone dropping calls to switch to 4G, losing signal and having to be restarted, etc. This is happening to both my S20 Plus and my wife's S20, so I know it's not the phone. And all of it started happening after the update.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I definitely think this 5G NR update messed things up. Been having really strange issues ever since, including the phone dropping calls to switch to 4G, losing signal and having to be restarted, etc. This is happening to both my S20 Plus and my wife's S20, so I know it's not the phone. And all of it started happening after the update.
Yea its gotta be the update for 5g NR but I like how tmobile can't give a straight answer or they don't no what the problem is. It's like just be honest don't do the run around. Maybe there's another update soon to fix the issue

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
It was getting so bad, I had to switch my network settings to 4G. This appears to have fixed the issues, but obviously not ideal and not a permanent solution.

Attachments

• 1221.jpg
    1221.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 35

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
It was getting so bad, I had to switch my network settings to 4G. This appears to have fixed the issues, but obviously not ideal and not a permanent solution.
Did you get a chance to see someone at a tmobile store? I saw someone with the one plus phone say even a new sim didn't help. Today my phone only works in wifi thats it I can't even get 4g lte to work.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you get a chance to see someone at a tmobile store? I saw someone with the one plus phone say even a new sim didn't help. Today my phone only works in wifi thats it I can't even get 4g lte to work.

Haven't had a chance to visit a T-Mobile store yet. My concern from past experience is that they will recommend a full factory reset, which I know won't fix it (given how many other people are seeing the same problem, and that 2 S20s in my house are behaving exactly the same way).

It's so hard to get a carrier to admit it's their problem.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Haven't had a chance to visit a T-Mobile store yet. My concern from past experience is that they will recommend a full factory reset, which I know won't fix it (given how many other people are seeing the same problem, and that 2 S20s in my house are behaving exactly the same way).

It's so hard to get a carrier to admit it's their problem.
Yes it is and I agree if 2 s 20s in the same house are having issues then its something wrong with the carrier. And I wouldn't reset the phones either or get a new sim card. I saw on the oneplus that someone said if enough people call and complain tmobile will have no choice but to make a ticket for the issue let's hope there's a fix soon

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Yeah got sim card changed on both phones. Haven't had the time issue on either phone in last 24 hours. They also reset network settings as well. Have had a few dialing issues but somewhat better. Will update. But yes if happening on 2 phones in my house, both got the update and had issues, I would guess either update or the change to network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513