T-Mobile Issues from August update

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Yeah got sim card changed on both phones. Haven't had the time issue on either phone in last 24 hours. They also reset network settings as well. Have had a few dialing issues but somewhat better. Will update. But yes if happening on 2 phones in my house, both got the update and had issues, I would guess either update or the change to network.
Did TMobile think the sim was the problem?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Did TMobile think the sim was the problem?

The rep on phone did, the rep in store didn't, was more thinking resetting network settings. Both of us had the time issue, but wife had more of the dialing issue, but she is working from home. I had time issue at home and at work so not a one tower issue. Time was a pain cause alarms, reminders, were going off an hour early.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
The rep on phone did, the rep in store didn't, was more thinking resetting network settings. Both of us had the time issue, but wife had more of the dialing issue, but she is working from home. I had time issue at home and at work so not a one tower issue. Time was a pain cause alarms, reminders, were going off an hour early.
Did resetting the network and new sims help with the time?

dbrodeo2000

Apr 29, 2020
Visit site
I was having the same issues with my S20 Ultra and simply resetting the phone took care of the issue. I didn't realize anything was going on as I'm not a heavy user of my phone. Once I read the issues on here I was experiencing the same thing. Reset and no further problems.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same issues with my S20 Ultra and simply resetting the phone took care of the issue. I didn't realize anything was going on as I'm not a heavy user of my phone. Once I read the issues on here I was experiencing the same thing. Reset and no further problems.
Resetting it like new? Or just a restart I restart my phone and now it only works in wifi

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Did resetting the network and new sims help with the time?

So far 2 days and no more time issues after either sim card or network reset. Still have few issues calls going straight to voice mail on wife's phone and mine seems to take awhile sometimes to actually start dialing

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I hate resetting phone. If that is what it takes will wait to weekend.
Honestly I don't think doing a factory reset will help to me it sounds like its a network issue with 5g someone else posted that putting it in 4g lte has worked for now. So im definitely thinking its the 5g network being wonky and causing issues

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I don't think doing a factory reset will help to me it sounds like its a network issue with 5g someone else posted that putting it in 4g lte has worked for now. So im definitely thinking its the 5g network being wonky and causing issues

Switched my wife's S20 and my S20 Plus to LTE, and no issues whatsoever over the past 24 hours.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Had time issue one time today, so issue still there but better. Haven't swapped to LTE since signal a lot stronger in 5G now.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
One thing I found if you have the time jump ahead issue is that you I went to date and time settings and clicked on auto, it shows time zone selected, in my case Central, when time change occurred I rechecked and now was set to Eastern. I unchecked auto update from network and manually set to Central. So far have not had the issue on either of our phones since. Still occasionally have the unable to send text thru rcs or phone calls go straight to voicemail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol