08-19-2020 04:05 PM
35 12
tools
    1) Time keeps going an hour ahead then corrects itself
    2) Have some issues calling out

anyone else, I wonder if related to network changes
    08-10-2020 10:53 AM
    It might be network changes cus yesterday I did the update and for some reason my phone decided I couldn't do anything unless I was in wifi and today it works fine and I have 5g and full bars where I would normally not
    08-10-2020 12:44 PM
    I've been having issues ever since the 5G NR update. Sometimes I can't make or receive calls, and my S20 Plus struggles to switch between 4G LTE and 5G.
    olghb likes this.
    08-10-2020 07:01 PM
    I talked to t-mobile support, said issue was my sim card didn't support 5g sa. Haven't heard that before, oh well, will at least go get a new sim card tomorrow then. Happens to both mine and wife's s20.
    08-10-2020 09:05 PM
    I've been having issues ever since the 5G NR update. Sometimes I can't make or receive calls, and my S20 Plus struggles to switch between 4G LTE and 5G.
    Thats what happened with mine today and sometimes I had no service all together
    claykin and luke31 like this.
    08-10-2020 09:31 PM
    I talked to t-mobile support, said issue was my sim card didn't support 5g sa. Haven't heard that before, oh well, will at least go get a new sim card tomorrow then. Happens to both mine and wife's s20.
    Will prove to be a waste of your time.
    08-10-2020 09:37 PM
    Will prove to be a waste of your time.
    Maybe, not sure else what to try. Since both phones periodically jump ahead an hour it messes up alarms, reminders, etc.
    08-10-2020 09:52 PM
    Did find this, although I have no idea how to tell what revision of sim I have.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...d_requirement/
    08-10-2020 10:02 PM
    Did find this, although I have no idea how to tell what revision of sim I have.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...d_requirement/
    Is that for tmobile? My sim works in my phone and its a sim I've had for a long time. I have the s20 plus I honestly think its a network issue cus I didnt have problems till that update. Have u tried clearing cache data or tried reseting the time?
    08-10-2020 10:08 PM
    I'm gonna stop by my local TMobile store today and try to get them to replace my SIM. I've been using the same SIM card since my S8. This is getting pretty annoying.
    08-11-2020 07:34 AM
    New problem now my phone keeps switching back and fourth between 4g lte and wifi I talked to a rep from tmobile and they told me something different then it being the sim card they told me to go to my nearest samsung store and have them run a diagnostic on it
    08-11-2020 09:02 AM
    New problem now my phone keeps switching back and fourth between 4g lte and wifi I talked to a rep from tmobile and they told me something different then it being the sim card they told me to go to my nearest samsung store and have them run a diagnostic on it
    I definitely think this 5G NR update messed things up. Been having really strange issues ever since, including the phone dropping calls to switch to 4G, losing signal and having to be restarted, etc. This is happening to both my S20 Plus and my wife's S20, so I know it's not the phone. And all of it started happening after the update.
    08-11-2020 09:29 AM
    I definitely think this 5G NR update messed things up. Been having really strange issues ever since, including the phone dropping calls to switch to 4G, losing signal and having to be restarted, etc. This is happening to both my S20 Plus and my wife's S20, so I know it's not the phone. And all of it started happening after the update.
    Yea its gotta be the update for 5g NR but I like how tmobile can't give a straight answer or they don't no what the problem is. It's like just be honest don't do the run around. Maybe there's another update soon to fix the issue
    luke31 likes this.
    08-11-2020 09:33 AM
    Looks like people with the OnePlus 8 are having the same issues after the 5G standalone update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...er_update_for/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...ter_oneplus_8/
    08-12-2020 06:31 AM
    Looks like people with the OnePlus 8 are having the same issues after the 5G standalone update:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...er_update_for/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...ter_oneplus_8/
    Thanks for the info
    08-12-2020 07:14 AM
    It was getting so bad, I had to switch my network settings to 4G. This appears to have fixed the issues, but obviously not ideal and not a permanent solution.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Issues from August update-1221.jpg  
    08-12-2020 04:24 PM
    It was getting so bad, I had to switch my network settings to 4G. This appears to have fixed the issues, but obviously not ideal and not a permanent solution.
    Did you get a chance to see someone at a tmobile store? I saw someone with the one plus phone say even a new sim didn't help. Today my phone only works in wifi thats it I can't even get 4g lte to work.
    08-12-2020 04:30 PM
    Did you get a chance to see someone at a tmobile store? I saw someone with the one plus phone say even a new sim didn't help. Today my phone only works in wifi thats it I can't even get 4g lte to work.
    Haven't had a chance to visit a T-Mobile store yet. My concern from past experience is that they will recommend a full factory reset, which I know won't fix it (given how many other people are seeing the same problem, and that 2 S20s in my house are behaving exactly the same way).

It's so hard to get a carrier to admit it's their problem.
    08-12-2020 04:33 PM
    Haven't had a chance to visit a T-Mobile store yet. My concern from past experience is that they will recommend a full factory reset, which I know won't fix it (given how many other people are seeing the same problem, and that 2 S20s in my house are behaving exactly the same way).

It's so hard to get a carrier to admit it's their problem.
    Yes it is and I agree if 2 s 20s in the same house are having issues then its something wrong with the carrier. And I wouldn't reset the phones either or get a new sim card. I saw on the oneplus that someone said if enough people call and complain tmobile will have no choice but to make a ticket for the issue let's hope there's a fix soon
    08-12-2020 04:43 PM
    Yeah got sim card changed on both phones. Haven't had the time issue on either phone in last 24 hours. They also reset network settings as well. Have had a few dialing issues but somewhat better. Will update. But yes if happening on 2 phones in my house, both got the update and had issues, I would guess either update or the change to network.
    08-12-2020 08:54 PM
    Yeah got sim card changed on both phones. Haven't had the time issue on either phone in last 24 hours. They also reset network settings as well. Have had a few dialing issues but somewhat better. Will update. But yes if happening on 2 phones in my house, both got the update and had issues, I would guess either update or the change to network.
    Did TMobile think the sim was the problem?
    08-12-2020 09:11 PM
    Did TMobile think the sim was the problem?
    The rep on phone did, the rep in store didn't, was more thinking resetting network settings. Both of us had the time issue, but wife had more of the dialing issue, but she is working from home. I had time issue at home and at work so not a one tower issue. Time was a pain cause alarms, reminders, were going off an hour early.
    08-12-2020 09:31 PM
    The rep on phone did, the rep in store didn't, was more thinking resetting network settings. Both of us had the time issue, but wife had more of the dialing issue, but she is working from home. I had time issue at home and at work so not a one tower issue. Time was a pain cause alarms, reminders, were going off an hour early.
    Did resetting the network and new sims help with the time?
    08-12-2020 10:19 PM
    I was having the same issues with my S20 Ultra and simply resetting the phone took care of the issue. I didn't realize anything was going on as I'm not a heavy user of my phone. Once I read the issues on here I was experiencing the same thing. Reset and no further problems.
    08-13-2020 11:51 AM
    I was having the same issues with my S20 Ultra and simply resetting the phone took care of the issue. I didn't realize anything was going on as I'm not a heavy user of my phone. Once I read the issues on here I was experiencing the same thing. Reset and no further problems.
    Resetting it like new? Or just a restart I restart my phone and now it only works in wifi
    08-13-2020 12:26 PM
35 12