DeX in 4k trhough USBC

yamahayz80rdr

Sep 4, 2020
Visit site
Having issues trying to display 4k with Samsung DeX through a USBC cable. Only option I have is 1080p.

Current setup is galaxy s20 ultra 512GB (16GB ram vs 12GB on other ultra models) and a 4k portible monitor (uperfect 4k portible monitor 299 on amazon). I can display 4k when my roku stick or xbox one x is connected through HDMI. I even had a USBC to HDMI cable and it still wouldnt display 4k. (monitor has USBC and HDMI ports) I can wirlessly connect DeX to the roku stick and its in 4k

According to Google a USBC cable is capable of streaming 4k. I have a few USBC cables and all of them can super charge my phone so im guessing they are USBC 3.0. What am i missing here? A fancy 4k USBC cable? A USBC docking station? Do i need a seperate power source to push 4k assuming that my phone by itself cant push 4k by itself? When my phone is connected to the monitor it can super charge my phone while its streaming DeX. send help!

The monitor has 2 USBC ports and a HDMI. One USBC port is to power the monitor and the other is for charging and streaming. But im thinking that I maybe need a USBC docking station to power the monitor and stream the 4k. It requires 45w to power the monitor which is why its able to super fast charge my phone. Or if i connect to the HDMI through a USBC hub it can help push more power through to stream 4k seeing as the roku stick and xbox one x have more power to push more data through HDMI? Thinking out loud. Could not find anything about this on the Google

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As far as I know, not all USB-C cable can stream 4K... Your best bet is get a USB-C Dock or Hub. Like Baseus 4k USB-C Hub for example will do the job. And yes you need additional power.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Having issues trying to display 4k with Samsung DeX through a USBC cable. Only option I have is 1080p.

Current setup is galaxy s20 ultra 512GB (16GB ram vs 12GB on other ultra models) and a 4k portible monitor (uperfect 4k portible monitor 299 on amazon). I can display 4k when my roku stick or xbox one x is connected through HDMI. I even had a USBC to HDMI cable and it still wouldnt display 4k. (monitor has USBC and HDMI ports) I can wirlessly connect DeX to the roku stick and its in 4k

According to Google a USBC cable is capable of streaming 4k. I have a few USBC cables and all of them can super charge my phone so im guessing they are USBC 3.0. What am i missing here? A fancy 4k USBC cable? A USBC docking station? Do i need a seperate power source to push 4k assuming that my phone by itself cant push 4k by itself? When my phone is connected to the monitor it can super charge my phone while its streaming DeX. send help!

The monitor has 2 USBC ports and a HDMI. One USBC port is to power the monitor and the other is for charging and streaming. But im thinking that I maybe need a USBC docking station to power the monitor and stream the 4k. It requires 45w to power the monitor which is why its able to super fast charge my phone. Or if i connect to the HDMI through a USBC hub it can help push more power through to stream 4k seeing as the roku stick and xbox one x have more power to push more data through HDMI? Thinking out loud. Could not find anything about this on the Google

According to Samsung, dex doesn't support 4k.

Samsung DeX officially supports the following resolutions:

[With an external display device (e.g. a TV or monitor) connected through a cable]
▷ Smartphones (※ Supported resolutions vary depending on the connected accessory.)
1) When an HDMI adapter is used
• 16:9 screen ratio: FHD (1920x1080), HD+ (1600x900)
2) When the DeX Station or DeX Pad is used
• 16:9 screen ratio: FHD (1920x1080), HD+ (1600x900), WQHD (2560x1440)
• 16:10 screen ratio: WUXGA (1920x1200), WQXGA (2560x1600)
• 21:9 screen ratio: UWFHD (2560x1080), UWQHD (3440x1440)

▷ Tablets and foldable devices (※ The following resolutions are supported regardless of the type of connected accessories.)
• 16:9 screen ratio: FHD (1920x1080), HD+ (1600x900), WQHD (2560x1440)
• 16:10 screen ratio: WUXGA (1920x1200), WQXGA (2560x1600)
• 21:9 screen ratio: UWFHD (2560x1080), UWQHD (3440x1440)

※ If you cannot select the desired resolution, check the resolutions supported by the connected display device. If you are using a UHD (4K) TV and it does not support WQHD, then you cannot use it.
※ Note that the resolutions supported by Samsung DeX are in compliance with the specifications required by the DisplayPort standard (HDMI standard). Display devices that fall outside the specifications defined by this standard may not support some of the resolutions.

[With a PC connected through a cable]
• 16:9 aspect ratio: FHD (1920 × 1080)

[With a TV connected wirelessly]
• 16:9 screen ratio: FHD (1920x1080)
※ For Samsung Smart TVs released in or after 2017, WQHD (2560x1440) is supported when connected through the 5 GHz band.
※ TVs or dongle devices of other manufacturers that do not support FHD may be connected at a lower resolution.

loxlo

Oct 20, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

i have a s10 and a s21+ ,
on both i installed good lock and multistar to unlock higher resolution
i tryed to connect both with the same hdmi cable and usb-c hub , on s21+ i can display UHD (4K) but with s10 i can only get up to WQHD
is there an official documentation about all this , i don't understand if i'm supposed to be able to get 4k on s10 too or not ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool