why can't running apps calculate average pace correctly?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've tried 6 different apps for gps run tracking. Map my run. runkeeper.
etc... They all are wildy inaccurate and most suprisingly, they can't calculate average pace correctly. For instance 1.0 miles into a run, 8:00 minutes in duration, they _wont_ say 8min/mile. It'll be 11min/mil, 7min/mile, all over the place. All the app has to do is divide one number by another. Why would every app fail? I have a samsung galaxy s20 plus.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I've tried 6 different apps for gps run tracking. Map my run. runkeeper.
etc... They all are wildy inaccurate and most suprisingly, they can't calculate average pace correctly. For instance 1.0 miles into a run, 8:00 minutes in duration, they _wont_ say 8min/mile. It'll be 11min/mil, 7min/mile, all over the place. All the app has to do is divide one number by another. Why would every app fail? I have a samsung galaxy s20 plus.

Not sure how to solve the issue with those apps, but if you really want a device to do this sort of thing accurately, I would invest in a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier or Galaxy Watch. Both are previous generation models and can be purchased for a steal in comparison to the newest Galaxy Watch.

These devices do a solid job at providing average pace through the built-in Samsung apps as part of the Tizen OS. Also, if you get one with LTE radio, then you can leave you phone at home and receive all communications remotely while running. Some load music and listen while they run.