T-Mobile Samsung Messages failure to send

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else had had this issue. I have a S20+ on T-mobile, I use the built in messages app and have had an issue where text messages will sit and spin for a while then finally send or will fail to send. Hitting re-send sometimes works but mostly fails again. I've tried clearing app cache, clearing system cache, putting it in airplane mode, restarting but always comes back. I had a Note 10+ on T-Mo but never had this happen.
A buddy also has the same phone\network and it happens to him as well, using the Google app resolves it. Myself personally, I hate the Google messaging app and really like the Samsung one, anyone have similar issues?

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same issue as you tried everything and it works for alittle while then starts again. I think its something with their network cus my fiance has the s9 plus and has the same issue with sending a txt and receiving them

olghb

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else had had this issue. I have a S20+ on T-mobile, I use the built in messages app and have had an issue where text messages will sit and spin for a while then finally send or will fail to send. Hitting re-send sometimes works but mostly fails again. I've tried clearing app cache, clearing system cache, putting it in airplane mode, restarting but always comes back. I had a Note 10+ on T-Mo but never had this happen.
A buddy also has the same phone\network and it happens to him as well, using the Google app resolves it. Myself personally, I hate the Google messaging app and really like the Samsung one, anyone have similar issues?
If you are using the old sim card from you older phone use the one that comes with the phone. I had a S 20 Ultra and was using my sim card from my old S7 Plus. I found out that we need to use the new sim card! Now since I did that my phone always dials out now and can send messages!

Last edited:

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I'll have to try that, this sim has gone from iPhone to pixels to samsung, ill have to check with my friend to see if he got a new sim when he got the s20. I've also notice my signal drops all the time, no matter on wifi or cellular. I'll notice the offline message in YouTube or when playing games it'll crash due to network errors.
If you are using the old sim card from you older phone use the one that comes with the phone. I had a S 20 Ultra and was using my sim card from my old S7 Plus. I found out that we need to use the new sim card! Now since I did that my phone always dials out now!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try clear Samsung app data,cache and force stop , if still happening try reset network in setting>general managment>reset >reset network also try then off WiFi calling if enabled

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I'll have to try that, this sim has gone from iPhone to pixels to samsung, ill have to check with my friend to see if he got a new sim when he got the s20. I've also notice my signal drops all the time, no matter on wifi or cellular. I'll notice the offline message in YouTube or when playing games it'll crash due to network errors.
Did you ever use Google message and enable RCS feature?. Turn that off first before heading back to Samsung app.

This solved my problem.

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Nope, have never used Google messages on this phone. However, I had an extra sim, activated that and it has not done it in over 24 hours, fingers crossed!
Did you ever use Google message and enable RCS feature?. Turn that off first before heading back to Samsung app.

This solved my problem.

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I did try all of those things and it always came back after a short period of time. The new sim seems to have done the trick. I have had the same sim for years and it has gone through a many of phones, so fingers crossed.
You can try clear Samsung app data,cache and force stop , if still happening try reset network in setting>general managment>reset >reset network also try then off WiFi calling if enabled

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did try all of those things and it always came back after a short period of time. The new sim seems to have done the trick. I have had the same sim for years and it has gone through a many of phones, so fingers crossed.
Yeah that would do it , I'm glad it's working now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20