Does AT&T still block WiFi Calling?

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Pre-ordered an unlocked Z Fold 2 and was wondering if AT&T finally allows WiFi Calling on unlocked Samsung devices.
What worked for me, to make sure that I get all of the AT&T features including WiFi Calling on my current N20U & my last phone N10+ is to use an AT&T SIM card that had previously been used in an AT&T carrier branded phone. That was my Note 8 & Note 9.
With the N20U I just flashed the T-Mo CSC file & got all features. Before flashing the CSC file, I did not have AT&T features with "just" using THE OLD AT&T SIM.
I plan on trying the same process when the Z Fold2 arrives.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What worked for me, to make sure that I get all of the AT&T features including WiFi Calling on my current N20U & my last phone N10+ is to use an AT&T SIM card that had previously been used in an AT&T carrier branded phone. That was my Note 8 & Note 9.
With the N20U I just flashed the T-Mo CSC file & got all features. Before flashing the CSC file, I did not have AT&T features with "just" using THE OLD AT&T SIM.
I plan on trying the same process when the Z Fold2 arrives.
Yeah if you flashed the carrier csc on the unlocked you'll get the Wi-Fi calling but won't get Ota updates until you flashed back the unlocked csc . If your into that, that's a work around.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah if you flashed the carrier csc on the unlocked you'll get the Wi-Fi calling but won't get Ota updates until you flashed back the unlocked csc . If your into that, that's a work around.
Hehe, yea, I just found that out! The Software Update section in Settings no longer exists! That's OK for me as I will flash the monthly updates when available. Wifi calling is a must for me as I get crappy AT&T service where I live.
I just checked Frija & no new update yet... I checked for U1 with XAA & also TMB. Nothing beyond the ATH3 shows up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hehe, yea, I just found that out! The Software Update section in Settings no longer exists! That's OK for me as I will flash the monthly updates when available. Wifi calling is a must for me as I get crappy AT&T service where I live.
I just checked Frija & no new update yet... I checked for U1 with XAA & also TMB. Nothing beyond the ATH3 shows up.
Yeah Xaa and TMB missing still on unlocked, I have Att download because I put that sim , once the others are available ill flash to them . Reason I don't mentioned this because you need to be little advanced and download both firmwares and dontvwant anyone complaining why Ota not working that they would need to flash the original csc file back or just flash the next firmware

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Xaa and TMB missing still on unlocked, I have Att download because I put that sim , once the others are available ill flash to them . Reason I don't mentioned this because you need to be little advanced and download both firmwares and dontvwant anyone complaining why Ota not working that they would need to flash the original csc file back or just flash the next firmware
Another thing that came to mind. Does AT&T restrict their 5G plans on unlocked models?

rickvarner

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried to extensively bug Samsung & Verizon before switching to an unlocked.

Always got the same crap answer, yes of course they are both exactly the same, etc.

Bugged the TS people, different answer: "unlocked NoWIFI is a Samsung limitation that has to be individual carrier implimented."

Daughter & son-in-law in NZ bought unlocked N8 couple years ago in states, and used on multiple carriers TM here, and in NZ (dunno who, just "bought a local carrier sim" there) and wifi calling works for them. go figure.

jleech330

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey, so I got the unlocked Z fold 2 today. But don't have WiFi calling option available. Att told me they're unsure if it'll be supported or not. So if I wanted to finish att software via odin, do I want the att download the file for the SM-F916UZNAATT and flash it to my unlocked phone? Or do I do the sm-f916u1 and then select the att software that way?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463