10-17-2020 11:43 AM
39 12
tools
    Pre-ordered an unlocked Z Fold 2 and was wondering if AT&T finally allows WiFi Calling on unlocked Samsung devices.
    09-10-2020 09:13 PM
    09-10-2020 09:14 PM
    Still blocked
    Dang, oh well.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-10-2020 09:16 PM
    Dang, oh well.
    It's crazy they haven't allowed this yet !
    09-10-2020 09:16 PM
    It's crazy they haven't allowed this yet !
    Greed, that's why. How about beta releases. Does unlocked models on AT&T receive the option to get on the Betas?
    09-10-2020 09:18 PM
    Greed, that's why. How about beta releases. Does unlocked models on AT&T receive the option to get on the Betas?
    Unlocked models do , att variant doesn't but I think unlocked with att still doesn't but don't recall 100%
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-10-2020 09:19 PM
    Unlocked models do , att variant doesn't but I think unlocked with att still doesn't but don't recall 100%
    I wouldn't be surprised if unlocked with att doesn't.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-10-2020 09:29 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if unlocked with att doesn't.
    They been changing things around lately, we see ill definitely keep the forums updated and others .
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-10-2020 09:34 PM
    Pre-ordered an unlocked Z Fold 2 and was wondering if AT&T finally allows WiFi Calling on unlocked Samsung devices.
    What worked for me, to make sure that I get all of the AT&T features including WiFi Calling on my current N20U & my last phone N10+ is to use an AT&T SIM card that had previously been used in an AT&T carrier branded phone. That was my Note 8 & Note 9.
    With the N20U I just flashed the T-Mo CSC file & got all features. Before flashing the CSC file, I did not have AT&T features with "just" using THE OLD AT&T SIM.
    I plan on trying the same process when the Z Fold2 arrives.
    mustang7757 and strikeIII like this.
    09-11-2020 01:17 AM
    What worked for me, to make sure that I get all of the AT&T features including WiFi Calling on my current N20U & my last phone N10+ is to use an AT&T SIM card that had previously been used in an AT&T carrier branded phone. That was my Note 8 & Note 9.
    With the N20U I just flashed the T-Mo CSC file & got all features. Before flashing the CSC file, I did not have AT&T features with "just" using THE OLD AT&T SIM.
    I plan on trying the same process when the Z Fold2 arrives.
    Yeah if you flashed the carrier csc on the unlocked you'll get the Wi-Fi calling but won't get Ota updates until you flashed back the unlocked csc . If your into that, that's a work around.
    burrzoo and strikeIII like this.
    09-11-2020 01:38 AM
    Yeah if you flashed the carrier csc on the unlocked you'll get the Wi-Fi calling but won't get Ota updates until you flashed back the unlocked csc . If your into that, that's a work around.
    Hehe, yea, I just found that out! The Software Update section in Settings no longer exists! That's OK for me as I will flash the monthly updates when available. Wifi calling is a must for me as I get crappy AT&T service where I live.
    I just checked Frija & no new update yet... I checked for U1 with XAA & also TMB. Nothing beyond the ATH3 shows up.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-11-2020 01:47 AM
    Hehe, yea, I just found that out! The Software Update section in Settings no longer exists! That's OK for me as I will flash the monthly updates when available. Wifi calling is a must for me as I get crappy AT&T service where I live.
    I just checked Frija & no new update yet... I checked for U1 with XAA & also TMB. Nothing beyond the ATH3 shows up.
    Yeah Xaa and TMB missing still on unlocked, I have Att download because I put that sim , once the others are available ill flash to them . Reason I don't mentioned this because you need to be little advanced and download both firmwares and dontvwant anyone complaining why Ota not working that they would need to flash the original csc file back or just flash the next firmware
    burrzoo likes this.
    09-11-2020 01:51 AM
    Yeah Xaa and TMB missing still on unlocked, I have Att download because I put that sim , once the others are available ill flash to them . Reason I don't mentioned this because you need to be little advanced and download both firmwares and dontvwant anyone complaining why Ota not working that they would need to flash the original csc file back or just flash the next firmware
    Another thing that came to mind. Does AT&T restrict their 5G plans on unlocked models?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-11-2020 10:19 PM
    Another thing that came to mind. Does AT&T restrict their 5G plans on unlocked models?
    They shouldn't, I've tried my att sim for few hours and didn't get any 5g like my Tmobile sim though.
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-11-2020 10:22 PM
    They shouldn't, I've tried my att sim for few hours and didn't get any 5g like my Tmobile sim though.
    I really need to get my work to get a T-Mobile account. Never have these uncertainties with them. Lol
    mustang7757 likes this.
    09-11-2020 10:34 PM
    I really need to get my work to get a T-Mobile account. Never have these uncertainties with them. Lol
    TMO especially in my area has gotten really good where I couldn't say that 3 years ago , why I have Att also .
    strikeIII likes this.
    09-11-2020 10:36 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=_8ANpMnz. This would imply that WiFI calling would be supported on these unlocked models but maybe I'm missing something (Ordered Unlocked ZFold2 for use on ATT).
    09-15-2020 05:15 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=3AlkstQZ. This would imply that WiFI calling would be supported on these unlocked models but maybe I'm missing something (Ordered Unlocked ZFold2 for use on ATT).
    Hi, welcome to AC!

Your link not working.
    09-15-2020 11:06 PM
    I tried to extensively bug Samsung & Verizon before switching to an unlocked.

Always got the same crap answer, yes of course they are both exactly the same, etc.

Bugged the TS people, different answer: "unlocked NoWIFI is a Samsung limitation that has to be individual carrier implimented."

Daughter & son-in-law in NZ bought unlocked N8 couple years ago in states, and used on multiple carriers TM here, and in NZ (dunno who, just "bought a local carrier sim" there) and wifi calling works for them. go figure.
    09-16-2020 07:00 AM
    Hey, so I got the unlocked Z fold 2 today. But don't have WiFi calling option available. Att told me they're unsure if it'll be supported or not. So if I wanted to finish att software via odin, do I want the att download the file for the SM-F916UZNAATT and flash it to my unlocked phone? Or do I do the sm-f916u1 and then select the att software that way?
    09-17-2020 12:07 AM
    Hey, so I got the unlocked Z fold 2 today. But don't have WiFi calling option available. Att told me they're unsure if it'll be supported or not. So if I wanted to finish att software via odin, do I want the att download the file for the SM-F916UZNAATT and flash it to my unlocked phone? Or do I do the sm-f916u1 and then select the att software that way?
    09-17-2020 12:08 AM
    You can just grab CSC file from carrier and flash that to your unlocked to make it work, but you won't get OTA updates until you flash the unlocked CSC file back
    09-17-2020 12:18 AM
    You can just grab CSC file from carrier and flash that to your unlocked to make it work, but you won't get OTA updates until you flash the unlocked CSC file back
    Ok so I only need to odin the csc file and not everything? Thanks for the help. I'm not too worried about updates as i can just do the monthly or every other month if this will get me WiFi calling.
    09-17-2020 12:20 AM
    Ok so I only need to odin the csc file and not everything? Thanks for the help. I'm not too worried about updates as i can just do the monthly or every other month if this will get me WiFi calling.
    Yeah just the CSC file in it's slot then flash, your welcome!
    09-17-2020 12:23 AM
    Yeah just the CSC file in it's slot then flash, your welcome!
    I guess I should ask where I get the csc. Do I just take it from sammobile? If sammobile, so I search att Fold2 model or the unlocked. Sorry for all the questions. Just really don't wanna have to send this phone back if I can get WiFi calling to work.
    09-17-2020 12:31 AM
39 12