S20 beta 11 One UI 3.0 in US started

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in the beta as well on my unlocked s20ultra. Are these betas stable enough to run on your primary phone? When the beta is over do you need to factory reset to get the official release?

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in the beta as well on my unlocked s20ultra. Are these betas stable enough to run on your primary phone? When the beta is over do you need to factory reset to get the official release?

Have used the betas every year in my daily driver. There have been problems as times. Google pay and some banking apps might not work. Always fun to test new UI and report problems to make things better.

DimStyle

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I agree. I was so close to installing this beta then decided against it. I received the download and everything. Then I remembered the last beta I installed...on the S8. It broke Samsung Pay and wireless charging. No matter what I did they NEVER worked again. No amount of factory reset, reinstalling, clearing cache or even assistance from the beta team was able to resolve the issue. Not even the final, stable version that was released fixed the issue.

So this time, I will wait for the final version...with a fully functioning phone.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I just came back to Samsung and got an S20+ on Verizon (carrier model). Does Verizon ever participate in these beta programs? I wasn't following it last year at all since I was using a OnePlus device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I just came back to Samsung and got an S20+ on Verizon (carrier model). Does Verizon ever participate in these beta programs? I wasn't following it last year at all since I was using a OnePlus device.
Verizon did at one point then stopped, don't know the reason.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Verizon did at one point then stopped, don't know the reason.
Well that stinks. I mean the good news is I looked up the Android 10 release date for the S10 on Verizon and it was out on December 16th last year so it seems like they have gotten the update process a little quicker than previous releases where you were waiting until March/April at times. So hopefully it will be the same for the S20+ this year.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well that stinks. I mean the good news is I looked up the Android 10 release date for the S10 on Verizon and it was out on December 16th last year so it seems like they have gotten the update process a little quicker than previous releases where you were waiting until March/April at times. So hopefully it will be the same for the S20+ this year.
Verizon lately been first to drop the security patches and android updates

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's good to hear. We just switched back from T-Mobile because we were having lots of issues with messaging and group messaging specifically with T-Mobile.
Oh wow, I have TMobile and Att , don't group message so can't comment on that . How is the price comparison between verizon and T-Mobile?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh wow, I have TMobile and Att , don't group message so can't comment on that . How is the price comparison between verizon and T-Mobile?

With the promo deals they had going for the S20+ right now and the fact that my wife gets their Nurses discount makes it cost about the same as what we were paying with T-Mobile.