10-20-2020 04:23 PM
326 ... 11121314
tools
    Dex and secure folder are the most important reasons I stay with Samsung phones. I would rather go for pixel instead of buying Galaxy phone and disabling them.
    10-15-2020 06:41 PM
    Thanks again
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-15-2020 09:27 PM
    Dex and secure folder are the most important reasons I stay with Samsung phones. I would rather go for pixel instead of buying Galaxy phone and disabling them.
    Everyone different , when time presents itself I'll enable them.
    10-15-2020 09:30 PM
    Thanks again
    Welcome!
    10-15-2020 09:30 PM
    OK so now I have a problem. I do not want this Knox thing on my phone. It is remote management, isn't it? I do not want that and the Package Disabler is insisting that I give an OK for it.
    So I then try and uninstall Package Disabler and am told I cannot uninstall it.
    Great!
    Now what?

***NEVER MIND, I FIGURED OUT HOW TO UNINSTALL IT***
    10-15-2020 09:41 PM
    OK so now I have a problem. I do not want this Knox thing on my phone. It is remote management, isn't it? I do not want that and the Package Disabler is insisting that I give an OK for it.
    Great!
    Now what?

Knox is part of your phone's security and was already on it before you installed Package Disabler Pro.
    10-15-2020 09:56 PM
    Knox is part of your phone's security and was already on it before you installed Package Disabler Pro.
    Why then is Package Disabler Pro asking me to allow it?
    10-15-2020 10:00 PM
    Great!
    Now what?

Don't mess with anything knox , yeah you have to go device administrator to deactivate PDP before uninstallS20 FE, who's thinking about it?-screenshot_20201015-225939_package-20disabler-20pro.jpeg
    10-15-2020 10:00 PM
    Don't mess with anything knox , yeah you have to go device administrator to deactivate PDP before uninstallClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201015-225939_Package%20Disabler%20Pro.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	327846
    I'm just confused and am sorry for being so. When I installed PDP I was given a choice to CANCEL, UNINSTALL, or SECURITY. I pushed SECURITY to see what that was all about. I did not want to approve Knox but all that did was kick me out of the app, and I could not start it again without once again being asked to approve Knox. Should I just have ignored the SECURITY option to begin with and just go to UNINSTALL? Do I need to approve Knox in the app in order to use it?
    Thanks for your patience. Like I said I am just confused by this.
    10-15-2020 10:18 PM
    I'm just confused and am sorry for being so. When I installed PDP I was given a choice to CANCEL, UNINSTALL, or SECURITY. I pushed SECURITY to see what that was all about. I did not want to approve Knox but all that did was kick me out of the app, and I could not start it again without once again being asked to approve Knox. Should I just have ignored the SECURITY option to begin with and just go to UNINSTALL? Do I need to approve Knox in the app in order to use it?
    No problem, yes agree to know , that's samsung security and need to accept it to use the app if I remember correctly.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-15-2020 10:21 PM
    Knox is trying to protect you in a similar way as when you get the alert about downloading an apk from unknown sources outside of the Play or Galaxy stores. You have to OK use of PDP in the same way you have to OK the download of apks from unknown sources.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-16-2020 06:57 AM
    Knox is trying to protect you in a similar way as when you get the alert about downloading an apk from unknown sources outside of the Play or Galaxy stores. You have to OK use of PDP in the same way you have to OK the download of apks from unknown sources.
    I understand, thanks
    KPMcClave likes this.
    10-18-2020 01:07 PM
    This is true for me. Those two features are must haves once you use them. No other phone has it.
    10-18-2020 09:45 PM
    Thought about it...bought it...used it for several days...returning it. This will most likely be my last Samsung phone. Had the 7 (I think??), hated it, sold it on Ebay, the 10e (sent it back to AT&T) and now returning the S20 fe. Terrible quality control. Samsung has become too big for their own britches. OnePlus 8t...here I come! Had the 6, and the 7 Pro...both flawless phones operationally. No comparison. SMH
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-19-2020 04:51 PM
    Thought about it...bought it...used it for several days...returning it. This will most likely be my last Samsung phone. Had the 7 (I think??), hated it, sold it on Ebay, the 10e (sent it back to AT&T) and now returning the S20 fe. Terrible quality control. Samsung has become too big for their own britches. OnePlus 8t...here I come! Had the 6, and the 7 Pro...both flawless phones operationally. No comparison. SMH
    So... what was actually wrong with the one you had?

Honestly, "terrible quality control" doesn't really tell us anything. It helps to be a bit more specific. Like, what didn't work to your expectations? Was something loose, or did the buttons fall off... stuff like that is more helpful.
    10-19-2020 05:47 PM
    Sounds more like a personal preference situation.
    So... what was actually wrong with the one you had?

Honestly, "terrible quality control" doesn't really tell us anything. It helps to be a bit more specific. Like, what didn't work to your expectations? Was something loose, or did the buttons fall off... stuff like that is more helpful.
    10-20-2020 06:07 AM
    Ain't a 20 FE a cheap Phone ?

Did you not get what you paid for?
    10-20-2020 06:45 AM

Did you not get what you paid for?
    I wouldn't call $700 cheap... I'd be unhappy if I paid that much and buttons were falling off.
    10-20-2020 09:22 AM
    You could post in the question forum.
    10-20-2020 09:27 AM
    I wouldn't call $700 cheap... I'd be unhappy if I paid that much and buttons were falling off.
    Nobody's buttons are falling off. But yes, $700, 3 years ago would have been a top-priced flagship. We've gotten used to phones costing $1-2,000.. But the fe is far from cheap!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-20-2020 10:21 AM
    Nobody's buttons are falling off. But yes, $700, 3 years ago would have been a top-priced flagship. We've gotten used to phones costing $1-2,000.. But the fe is far from cheap!
    If you did't get a thousand dollar phone.
    You got a cheap phone.
    10-20-2020 10:39 AM
    You got a cheap phone.
    Cheap is a loaded term. The FE is a less expensive phone. It is certainly not cheap with any normal use of that word.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-20-2020 10:47 AM
    You got a cheap phone.
    I disagree this is far from a "cheap" phone.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-20-2020 11:51 AM
    I disagree this is far from a "cheap" phone.
    It's a flagship phone with a plastic back, 6 gb RAM, and slightly lessor screen.
    Kizzy Catwoman and J Dubbs like this.
    10-20-2020 02:31 PM
    I know buttons aren't actually falling off.

I was just trying to pin down @Stanley Kubrick's issue with the phone, since it was such a nebulous excuse.
    10-20-2020 03:07 PM
326 ... 11121314