S20 FE, who's thinking about it?

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Dex and secure folder are the most important reasons I stay with Samsung phones. I would rather go for pixel instead of buying Galaxy phone and disabling them.

californiajay

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
OK so now I have a problem. I do not want this Knox thing on my phone. It is remote management, isn't it? I do not want that and the Package Disabler is insisting that I give an OK for it.
So I then try and uninstall Package Disabler and am told I cannot uninstall it.
Great!
Now what?

***NEVER MIND, I FIGURED OUT HOW TO UNINSTALL IT***

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
OK so now I have a problem. I do not want this Knox thing on my phone. It is remote management, isn't it? I do not want that and the Package Disabler is insisting that I give an OK for it.
Great!
Now what?

Knox is part of your phone's security and was already on it before you installed Package Disabler Pro.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Great!
Now what?

Don't mess with anything knox , yeah you have to go device administrator to deactivate PDP before uninstallScreenshot_20201015-225939_Package%20Disabler%20Pro.jpeg

californiajay

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't mess with anything knox , yeah you have to go device administrator to deactivate PDP before uninstallView attachment 327846

I'm just confused and am sorry for being so. When I installed PDP I was given a choice to CANCEL, UNINSTALL, or SECURITY. I pushed SECURITY to see what that was all about. I did not want to approve Knox but all that did was kick me out of the app, and I could not start it again without once again being asked to approve Knox. Should I just have ignored the SECURITY option to begin with and just go to UNINSTALL? Do I need to approve Knox in the app in order to use it?
Thanks for your patience. Like I said I am just confused by this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm just confused and am sorry for being so. When I installed PDP I was given a choice to CANCEL, UNINSTALL, or SECURITY. I pushed SECURITY to see what that was all about. I did not want to approve Knox but all that did was kick me out of the app, and I could not start it again without once again being asked to approve Knox. Should I just have ignored the SECURITY option to begin with and just go to UNINSTALL? Do I need to approve Knox in the app in order to use it?
No problem, yes agree to know , that's samsung security and need to accept it to use the app if I remember correctly.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Knox is trying to protect you in a similar way as when you get the alert about downloading an apk from unknown sources outside of the Play or Galaxy stores. You have to OK use of PDP in the same way you have to OK the download of apks from unknown sources.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Dex and secure folder are the most important reasons I stay with Samsung phones. I would rather go for pixel instead of buying Galaxy phone and disabling them.

This is true for me. Those two features are must haves once you use them. No other phone has it.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Thought about it...bought it...used it for several days...returning it. This will most likely be my last Samsung phone. Had the 7 (I think??), hated it, sold it on Ebay, the 10e (sent it back to AT&T) and now returning the S20 fe. Terrible quality control. Samsung has become too big for their own britches. OnePlus 8t...here I come! Had the 6, and the 7 Pro...both flawless phones operationally. No comparison. SMH

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thought about it...bought it...used it for several days...returning it. This will most likely be my last Samsung phone. Had the 7 (I think??), hated it, sold it on Ebay, the 10e (sent it back to AT&T) and now returning the S20 fe. Terrible quality control. Samsung has become too big for their own britches. OnePlus 8t...here I come! Had the 6, and the 7 Pro...both flawless phones operationally. No comparison. SMH
So... what was actually wrong with the one you had?

Honestly, "terrible quality control" doesn't really tell us anything. It helps to be a bit more specific. Like, what didn't work to your expectations? Was something loose, or did the buttons fall off... stuff like that is more helpful.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds more like a personal preference situation.
So... what was actually wrong with the one you had?

Honestly, "terrible quality control" doesn't really tell us anything. It helps to be a bit more specific. Like, what didn't work to your expectations? Was something loose, or did the buttons fall off... stuff like that is more helpful.

BotanicalStig

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call $700 cheap... I'd be unhappy if I paid that much and buttons were falling off.

Nobody's buttons are falling off. But yes, $700, 3 years ago would have been a top-priced flagship. We've gotten used to phones costing $1-2,000.. But the fe is far from cheap!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci