This is my first phone with a inscreen fingerprint reader. I'm noticing as the humidity goes down the the ultrasonic finger print reader struggles to read my finger print ( Skin is dryer) . How can I increase the accuracy of the finger print reader going into fall and winter. I live in the northeast and the air gets real dry as we get later into the year.

What brings the question up is, I was out playing golf yesterday it was about 45 degrees and the phone wouldn't read my finger prints that were registered. I was lucky that I set up Facial recognition but it would have been nice if the phone had asked for my pin to log in but it didn't .

Shouldn't the phone ask for your pin if the finger print reader fails to read your finger print ?
    09-20-2020 05:30 PM
    That's typical. I had Google send me 4 phones almost 2 years ago due to faulty FPS. As soon as the weather warmed up, the original sensor started working.

Shouldn't it ask for the PIN? Yes.
    09-20-2020 06:27 PM
    This is my first phone with a inscreen fingerprint reader. I'm noticing as the humidity goes down the the ultrasonic finger print reader struggles to read my finger print ( Skin is dryer) . How can I increase the accuracy of the finger print reader going into fall and winter. I live in the northeast and the air gets real dry as we get later into the year.

What brings the question up is, I was out playing golf yesterday it was about 45 degrees and the phone wouldn't read my finger prints that were registered. I was lucky that I set up Facial recognition but it would have been nice if the phone had asked for my pin to log in but it didn't .

Shouldn't the phone ask for your pin if the finger print reader fails to read your finger print ?
    Yes you should see option for pin or password, maybe try face id as a alternative .
    Have you tried different thumb or fingers as additional fingerprints?
    09-20-2020 10:04 PM